Phuket residents warned to be on lookout for huge king cobra

webfact

Phuket residents warned to be on lookout for huge king cobra

Eakkapop Thongtub

1489379412_1-org.jpg

The king cobra that was caught on Saturday night (Mar 11) was five metres long and weighed more than 10 kilograms. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Residents in the Saiyuan area in Rawai, in southern Phuket, have been warned to keep a sharp eye out for a large king cobra that fled a bamboo thicket on Saturday night (Mar 11).

Locals raised the alarm when they noticed two large king cobras entwined with each other in a large growth of bamboo behind houses in Soi Namaoy.

Rescue workers soon arrived and caught one of the cobras, measuring five metres long and weighing a hefty 10.6 kilograms, but were unable to find the other.

“It took 10 rescue workers about two hours to safely catch that snake, but the other one got away,” one rescue worker said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-warned-to-be-on-lookout-for-huge-king-cobra-61369.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-13

1 hour ago, sanukjim said:

To try to catch on at night in a bamboo thicket takes some balls.

indeed- when a 2-meter cobra announced itself in my kitchen (raring up and flaring its hood

in case i wasn't sure) i yelled and fled my home, the snake slithering under my door and then under my back patio, which i had my worker demolish the next day!!!

Archived