Passport full. Applying for new one. How does this effect Non-B and workpermit?

Does anyone have any experience with how applying for a new passport (Australian) effects current Non-B in the old passport and work-permit? I just need to get an idea of what the procedure is, and what I'll be required to do to keep my Non-B and work-permit current and in order for my new passport.

Thx

59 minutes ago, markusss said:

I'm on a non-B extended to 1 year, with 90 day reporting.

Reedited this because I don't wish to speculate but here is a previous thread you may find useful.

Edited by lkv

I got a new passport book by application. The old book was returned with the corner cut off to invalidate it, with my existing visas.

I have stapled both together. When I leave the country they check the visa in the old book and stamp the exit in the new one. Had to get a police report the other day. They used the new book for my details but with the visa from the old attached book.

works fine for me.

After you get your new passport immigration will do a stamp with space for info about your old passport and the visa used for the entry that you have extended. They will transfer stamp from that entry andthe most recent entry stamp. They will then transfer your extensions stamp and re-entry permit if you have one.

• Like 1

I was on a 1 year extension of stay, with about 3 months left. I was made to re-apply for the next 1 year extension, and lost the 3 months I had left. That was about 15 months ago in Jomtien. Was told Extension could not be transferred to new passport, but did not have to leave the country, just renew the extension prior to the old one expiring.

3 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

I was on a 1 year extension of stay, with about 3 months left. I was made to re-apply for the next 1 year extension, and lost the 3 months I had left. That was about 15 months ago in Jomtien. Was told Extension could not be transferred to new passport, but did not have to leave the country, just renew the extension prior to the old one expiring.

Not sure why you had to apply for a new extension. Are you sure your extension was still valid for 3 months? How many months did you have remaining on your passport validity when you applied for the extension? I suspect you had less than one year remaining on your passport and they only did the extension to the date your passport expired.

When I got a new passport they transferred my extension stamp and did the annotation of info about my visa entry before processing my new extension application that was due in about 2 weeks. They even made copies of the transferred stamps,  the annotation stamp and attached them to my application and trashed copies of my old passport and gave it back to me.

OP. Ubonjoe is correct. The Aussie Embassy will return your old passport [cancelled] with a stamp showing that the passport has been cancelled and replaced by new passport no......... Take them both [+work permit] to Thai immigration and they will do the transfer of the extension. Very simple procedure. Hardest part for me was the travelling to Bangkok for the passport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After you get your new passport immigration will do a stamp with space for info about your old passport and the visa used for the entry that you have extended. They will transfer stamp from that entry andthe most recent entry stamp. They will then transfer your extensions stamp and re-entry permit if you have one.

I plan the new US passport just before my retirement extension is due . They do it all at ounce .:post-4641-1156694572:

9 hours ago, markusss said:

I'm on a non-B extended to 1 year, with 90 day reporting.

Then you're on an extension of stay. The non-B visa has not been extended, your permission to stay based on employment has been extended.

You can get the extension and any re-entry permit you might have transferred to your new passport and a notation will be made of the expired visa you originally used to enter the country.

35 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

... any re-entry permit you might have transferred to your new passport and a notation will be made of the expired visa you originally used to enter the country.

i have a different experience. twice i had my re-entry permits invalidated due to new passports.

Never had a problem transferring extension of stay nor reentry permit into new passport.

NZ embassy certifies old passport which can be used until new one arrives ,,,, then surrender/cancel when pick up new one.

The Embassy writes a letter asking immigration to transfer stamps into new passport