Do they have weighing machine "inside" the gate hold room at Donmeung?

I am flying AirAsia and with Web check-in I can proceed to the immigration without having to have my carry on bag checked by the counter.

As AirAsia offers a miserly 7 kg carry on weight limit, in all probability my bag will exceed 7 kg.  I am wondering if they will weigh your bag at the gate hold room.

Yes they do have for some flights as i had an experience a few days ago while departing from DMK on Air Asia. Apart from a few, most seemed to have bags in excess of 7 kgs but they were not weighing the bags of all passengers, just some obvious ones who had big bulky bags.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 1:36 AM, Shaksey said:

I flew from DMK on the first day of the new rules. All heavy or large looking bags were being checked at the gate.

I believe the weighing machines are only installed at the proper gate hold rooms - those that are connected to the aircraft via aero bridge.  

I was there on the 2nd day but at the gates where buses would take us to the aircraft.  No sign of weighing machines.

16 hours ago, thairookie said:

I believe the weighing machines are only installed at the proper gate hold rooms - those that are connected to the aircraft via aero bridge.  

I was there on the 2nd day but at the gates where buses would take us to the aircraft.  No sign of weighing machines.

I was at gate 1 which is a bus to plane gate alongside gates 2-6 I think and they all had weighing machines there between each gate.

Archived