7d mark ii price on lazada

Been saving hard and long to upgrade from mark1 to mark2 and just found this on Lazada but with a price tag that could be too good to be true. I have been monitoring the price and the lowest is about 43k baht (body only) in BKK but Lazada has a seller asking 39.9k paid on delivery. I am very tempted but can't help feeling a bit apprehensive.

If anyone who's a regular shopper of photographic equipment on Lazada or similar I would like to learn of your experience. Thanks in advance.

I am aware it's a grey import and have bought a few of such. So far I have been lucky as all are still serviceable after a number of years.

Back on topic... I looked closely at this particular vendor's ad and noticed he hasn't included the many accessories that are standard with other sellers ads.

I think I will pass on this.

2 hours ago, jack2964 said:

I am aware it's a grey import and have bought a few of such. So far I have been lucky as all are still serviceable after a number of years.

Back on topic... I looked closely at this particular vendor's ad and noticed he hasn't included the many accessories that are standard with other sellers ads.

I think I will pass on this.

That is normal for those too good to be true offerings.  A lot of them do it with high shipping charges that you might not notice until check out 

1 hour ago, emanphoto said:

To be honest, at that price point, I'd upgrade to a full sensor camera like the 6D unless you have a ton of S lenses that you'd have to sell...which might not be a bad thing.

I did consider a full frame at one point but after weighing the for/against I have decided to stick with APS-C as I mainly shoot birds and I need the high FPS to capture them in flight. The crop factor does help too when shooting perched birds.

I own two 7D (old Mk1) at the moment and will be letting one go to help fund the Mk2.  Have been wanting to sell one but wasn't able because I couldn't get a utility that showed shutter count until today.  

I'd like to share what I found today for Canon DSLR users, please follow this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/canon-eos-digital-info/

Now I have my shutter count on both cameras I'll be posting soon on TV Classifieds.

Makes sense.  The FPS on my 6D is 4.4 RAW vs 9.5 on the 7D but as I'm usually attached to strobes of some kind so I am limited by their recycle time.  It would be interesting to compare results of the 6D/7D using a 500mm (or whatever long lens you use) to get the same magnification.  Obviously on the 6D there would be cropping but I wonder how it would compare as there is a smoothness that comes from larger formats.

Archived