PM buckles up for the camera

snoop1130

PM buckles up for the camera

4d8ff3c1f03a1f4c702d021985c54394.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha seems keen to show that he is not above the law.

On Friday he selfied himself sitting in the back seat of a car, comfortably buckled up in a seatbelt. The surprise posting, which has been confirmed to be genuine, comes after he used the power of Article 44 to order that the driver and all passengers travelling in vehicles must buckle up for safety.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310161

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-24

25 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Are minivan and bus passengers exempt from this rule? Often, there are no seatbelts to be found emoji85.png

I have read the new requirements here on TV but I can not locate it now.  I recall that vans are to be fitted with belts.  However there are some oddities like you don't need to wear seatbelts in the back of the car if the car was built before 2012.  Therefore there may well be some oddities with van and bus belts. Hopefully another poster can find the new requirements and post it

1 minute ago, fish monger said:

Are 12 to 16 people riding in the back of a pickup truck exempt...? Such as these characters...?

ConstructionWorkersResendAlsoToZUMA029.jpg

As I understand it only a maximum of three in the back have to wear one........:crazy:

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I like him.
But he's wrong with the submarines.

Do you actually know his history, going back to the days of the coup that toppled Thaksin?  I would find it pretty incredible that anyone from a democracy could actually appreciate someone who used his military power to overthrow a democratic regime and turn it into a military run one, no matter how cute and cuddly they may be.

14 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

I have read the new requirements here on TV but I can not locate it now.  I recall that vans are to be fitted with belts.  However there are some oddities like you don't need to wear seatbelts in the back of the car if the car was built before 2012.  Therefore there may well be some oddities with van and bus belts. Hopefully another poster can find the new requirements and post it

Does Mr P think that you will not get killed as easily in a pre-2012 car? T I T.

30 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Does Mr P think that you will not get killed as easily in a pre-2012 car? T I T.

We have the same rule in the UK, you don't need to wear a seat belt in cars made before seat belts were compulsory and they weren't fitted as standard, which means cars pre 1966, in the US it is 1964, in Thailand 2012.

So according to the local English media rags everyone in vehicles purchased from 2012 onwards will be required to wear seatbelts, and passengers as well as drivers will be fined if they are found not wearing one. I hope this will this be more successful than the law for 'everyone' to wear a helmet on a motorcycle, which is universally ignored by people from all levels of society here.

Also, the mention of people not being able to ride in the cargo section of pick-up trucks. Good, but let's see that one enforced!

Great ideas, but we already know that within days, weeks or months the old and new laws will not be enforced any more than hundreds of other laws that are quoted but regularly ignored by everyone from the least educated to the most educated.

Well he is right about seatbelts.Now how here can make it more safe for pedestrians?especially foreigners love walking and the climate here is great for walking .In Europe pedestrians get rewarded for not using their cars for sparing the environment would like see that implemented in Thailand as well.Make Pattaya Jomtien etc walking cities where pedestrians have all the rights.