PM passes on 'heartfelt' sympathies to May over London attack

snoop1130

PM passes on 'heartfelt' sympathies to May over London attack

d23bd2ff7346f05e9f6ad7529cc1b2be.jpeg

Candles are lit during a vigil in Trafalgar Square in London, Britain, 23 March 2017. Thousands of Londoners gather in Trafalgar Square to remember the people killed in the London terror attack on March 22.//EPA

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has sent condolences to his British counterpart, Theresa May, expressing deep sorrow over the attack in London on Wednesday.

The attack near the UK Parliament resulted in four deaths and many other injuries.

“On behalf of the Royal Thai Government and the people, I wish to express my profound condolences and heartfelt sympathies to Your Excellency and, through you, to the bereaved families of those who were affected by this dreadful event.

“In this hour of anguish, our thoughts and prayers are with the British people. Thailand as a friend of the United Kingdom, stands with the international community in the global fight against all forms of violence and terrorism.”

Thai Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai expressed shocked on the deadly attack near the House of Parliament in London on March 12.

In his condolence note to Boris Johnson, his British counterpart, Don said, “I am profoundly shocked and saddened to learn of the deadly attack near the House of Parliament in London, resulting in the loss of innocent lives.”

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families affected by this dreadful event. In this moment of bereavement, I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to Your Excellency and the British People and especially to the bereaved families of the victims.”

Thailand as a friend of the United Kingdom remains committed to cooperate with the British Government and the International Community to fight against all forms of terrorism, Don said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/aec/30310152

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-24