Thunderstorms forecast for next five days

snoop1130

Thunderstorms forecast for next five days

By The Nation

The Thai Meteorological Department has warned that variable weather conditions – with thunderstorms, gusty winds and hail – will be likely in the North, Northeast, Central and East from March 25 to 29. 

Outbreaks of erratic weather will also bring a decrease in temperature, the department said on Friday.

Summer thunderstorms will be likely in much of the Northeast and the East including Bangkok and its vicinity this weekend.

More summer thunderstorms are forecast during March 27-29 in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Uttaradit, Phetchabun, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Chon Buri including Pattaya City, Rayong, Lop Buri and Saraburi as well as Bangkok and vicinity. 

Outbreaks of isolated heavy rain will be likely in the South, especially in Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phuket and Phangnga.

Source:: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310188

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-24

Out here in rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park we had a cracker of a thunderstorm around 6 pm last night. As usual the first thing was a power outage for nearly 3 hours. High winds and heavy rain for nearly an hour.

The power came back around 8:45 pm but TOT internet was still down when I went to bed. I reported it to the TOT Call Centre  and it was back up at 6:30 am this morning. It was a relief from the heat of the last few days and hopefully the government water will still be flowing at night for a bit longer.

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Out here in rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park we had a cracker of a thunderstorm around 6 pm last night. As usual the first thing was a power outage for nearly 3 hours. High winds and heavy rain for nearly an hour.

The power came back around 8:45 pm but TOT internet was still down when I went to bed. I reported it to the TOT Call Centre  and it was back up at 6:30 am this morning. It was a relief from the heat of the last few days and hopefully the government water will still be flowing at night for a bit longer.

..that's nice dear.

What no water?  Of course, there is never any concern regarding water shortages during Songkran when millions of cubic metres are wasted in a cacophony of chaos.Don't worry, the Government will take care of you....that's what they told me.

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

What no water?  Of course, there is never any concern regarding water shortages during Songkran when millions of cubic metres are wasted in a cacophony of chaos.Don't worry, the Government will take care of you....that's what they told me.

We haven't got to Songkran yet but out here it is a lot less that it was when I first came here 12 years ago.

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

In 2016 the government water supply was cut off in December 2015 and stayed off for nearly 6 months.

That was not so nice dear. Try it sometime.

..can you put in a well and pressure pump ?...i dont have any Govt water..i understand your predicament well.

Edited by tandor

2 hours ago, tandor said:

..can you put in a well and pressure pump ?...i dont have any Govt water..i understand your predicament well.

Unfortunately we live on a slope and about 1 to 1 1/2 metres down we are into bedrock. IIRC my wife looked into it a few years ago and got a driller up from somewhere to do a survey and costing. He said that while it was possible it would need something like a diamond tipped drill and would cost in excess of 100,000 baht and no guarantee of water.

We are about 12 to 15 metres above the klong on the other side of the road. Last year somebody used a digger and found water about 2 metres below the bed of the klong so we would have to go down 20 metres or more.

I have built up a collection of concrete ongs over the years, 20 of them are cross connected and 7 more to the side free standing. They each hold about 1,500 usable litres and last year we got deliveries of water from the big village 6 km away.

I used to get them to pump into the 7 free standing ongs and I would them pump that water (after letting it stand a few days for the silt to drop to the bottom) into my main tanks.

Drinking water we get from the roof of the house and into 2 x 3,000 litre stainless steel tanks. We wait at least a week after the heavy rains start to clear all the crap from the roof and gutters. In the 13 years we have been here we have only run out of drinking water once and fixed that by ordering drinking water in the 20 litre bottles and topping the tanks with 100 of those.

10082010(001).jpg

10082010(002).jpg

Normal water storage_resize.JPG

Fresh water storage_resize.JPG

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately we live on a slope and about 1 to 1 1/2 metres down we are into bedrock. IIRC my wife looked into it a few years ago and got a driller up from somewhere to do a survey and costing. He said that while it was possible it would need something like a diamond tipped drill and would cost in excess of 100,000 baht and no guarantee of water.

We are about 12 to 15 metres above the klong on the other side of the road. Last year somebody used a digger and found water about 2 metres below the bed of the klong so we would have to go down 20 metres or more.

I have built up a collection of concrete ongs over the years, 20 of them are cross connected and 7 more to the side free standing. They each hold about 1,500 usable litres and last year we got deliveries of water from the big village 6 km away.

I used to get them to pump into the 7 free standing ongs and I would them pump that water (after letting it stand a few days for the silt to drop to the bottom) into my main tanks.

Drinking water we get from the roof of the house and into 2 x 3,000 litre stainless steel tanks. We wait at least a week after the heavy rains start to clear all the crap from the roof and gutters. In the 13 years we have been here we have only run out of drinking water once and fixed that by ordering drinking water in the 20 litre bottles and topping the tanks with 100 of those.

10082010(001).jpg

10082010(002).jpg

Normal water storage_resize.JPG

Fresh water storage_resize.JPG

..great set up..i hope the rain gods are kind to you.

20 hours ago, tandor said:

..great set up..i hope the rain gods are kind to you.

And you also.

So far this year they have been good to us.

I did a Google search and came up with this list. I had no idea that there were quite so many of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rain_deities

The nearest to us would be the Chinese.

Bi Xing, (Yu Shi,[4] Master of Rain)

Chi Chongzi, God of Rain

Sometimes, the Dragon Kings were also responsible for rain.

I will have to get my wife out to the spirit house this week.