Model Year

Suzuki  VIN

Just bought a new Suzuki.  Wanting to verify that it is a 2016 model.  Seat belt tag says manufactured May 2016.  Built number is V123D7C14.  Chassis number is MHYKZE81S00XXXXXX.

I've spent more than an hour trying to decode chassis number.  No luck.  Supposedly the 10th digit is the model year, but nothing matches 0.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Boatman37210 said:

Suzuki  VIN

Just bought a new Suzuki.  Wanting to verify that it is a 2016 model.  Seat belt tag says manufactured May 2016.  Built number is V123D7C14.  Chassis number is MHYKZE81S00XXXXXX.

I've spent more than an hour trying to decode chassis number.  No luck.  Supposedly the 10th digit is the model year, but nothing matches 0.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

The seatbelt could also say which day in May.

You tried this    http://www.vindecoder.net/car-brand-manufacturer/suzuki can't check for you as you haven't posted your full VIN. After 2009/10 seems that they maybe changed to a letter for the year.

Could that O be a G ... http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=38&Itemid=91

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

The seatbelt could also say which day in May.

You tried this    http://www.vindecoder.net/car-brand-manufacturer/suzuki can't check for you as you haven't posted your full VIN. After 2009/10 seems that they maybe changed to a letter for the year.

Could that O be a G ... http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=38&Itemid=91

Tried vindecoder and no luck.  Comes up invalid number.  Supposedly there is one digit that is a check number which represents the sum of letters and numbers.   The check number is not correct.

The 0 does not look like a G.  I believe G is for 2016.  I think everything is okay, but wanted to check.    

If you go by the seat belt date and lets say it takes a couple of months to install, then maybe we are talking about the car sitting in inventory from July/Aug 2016 until now?   Is that normal? 

There are I believe 3 blemishes that are very small and not enough to want something done at least by me.  No one would notice unless you pointed them out.  However, I was a little surprised at how quality control could  let something like that slip through.  Part of me is wondering if the blemishes were due to sitting in inventory so long.

Looks like it was manufactured in Indonesia.  They would bring old inventory into Thailand to sell?  I thought Suzuki had a plant here in Thailand. 

Again, I think everything is okay, but it would be nice to be able to verify model year.  Don't like the idea of getting old inventory if that is what happened, but it is warrantied. 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, transam said:

The under hood info plate usually has the manufacture date stamped on it...What model is it......?

MHYKZE81S00300712 is the chassis number according to the plate on the door and under the hood.  That number is the only one I could find under the hood.  No manufacture date.

Also on the plate on the door is a built number:  Vl23D7C14.  I keep thinking that tells when it was built, but I cannot decipher. 

1 hour ago, Boatman37210 said:

MHYKZE81S00300712 is the chassis number according to the plate on the door and under the hood.  That number is the only one I could find under the hood.  No manufacture date.

Also on the plate on the door is a built number:  Vl23D7C14.  I keep thinking that tells when it was built, but I cannot decipher. 

The information (VIN) number has 17 digits, it's a worldwide thing. I believe the first letter is country of manufacture, M being Thailand...I will have a search in a bit. I did a search on your incomplete number and it came up 2015 which can't be right..

Archived