Narathiwat to Surat Thani Airport

MarcelV

I booked a really cheap rental car, but pick-up (and drop-off) is at Surat Thani Airport.

The problem is: I am located far away, in Narathiwat. Furthermore, Surat Airport is located far from the city and its main bus terminal and railway station.

What are the most convenient options for making it to Surat Airport at 11 AM, the pick-up time?

I thought about spending a night in ST and taking some public transportation to its airport in the morning.

Edited by MarcelV

Probably one of the overnight trains South (SungaiKOLOk-Yala) via Hyai to BKK-they will pass ST-station (of course) in the wee small hours. As trains FROM BKK also stop there and unload a few 10000 whiteys, all red-eyed and eager to go to the islands nearby, there is 24 hrs plenty of food/places to sit etc. Just ask around for convnt. and cheaper airpt transport then/there. Can now order online train tickets via thaitrainticket or so-or at least check times they plan in BKK-in fact it will be a few hrs late. There simply is no convenient daytime train-but you can ask around if there is a convenient BKK-bound superdeluxe daytime bus-they all pass near ST and can drop you off there-there may be-or not-some discount on the fare. Doing it in stages by bus-possible, but likely needs a <6.00 start. Or VANs via/change at HYai-if you can bear that-it seems most TV-posters are too afraid of them. (Ask locally for van to HY-in van tell driver to set you down for ST-bound vanstop). These vans also replace the former share-big-car=taxi that older guidebooks still tell you about.