Fine for not reporting address on a non-immig B visa

A friend of mine flew out of the country with the relevant docs to get the non immig B visa. She flew back to thailand and got the work permit right away as arranged by our employer. She was then told by the officer at our workplace that she has 3 months to visit immigration to execute the ext of stay. 

But now its been a month and the officer is saying that she has to pay 2000 baht fine for not reporting her address. 

I dont know why she didnt visit immig on the day that she got her work permit to finish everything. 

Does she now have to take the TM28 and TM30 to immigration even though shes on a non immig B

many thanks

Which immigration office is telling her that?

The TM30 reporting is the responsibility of the owner or management of where she is living. That report should of been done when she first arrived at the residence. It does not matter which type of visa entry a person has.

Just now, davidst01 said:

Its the immigration in Sisaket province

She didnt know that she had to do the TM28 and thus hope its a maximum fine of 2000. Thai landlors obviously dont care about the laws and having to do the TM30. 

Most immigration offices do not fine people for not doing a TM28 form. The max fine is 5000 baht for not doing it.

For not doing a TM30 form the max fine for an individual is 2000 baht. For a business it is 2000 to a max of 10,000 baht.

If she owns the place she lives then the only one who is responsible to do this report is she.

Like said this has nothing to do with visa/extension status.

I am on touristvisa and i flew back Thailand last fridaymorning. Same day i visited jomtien immigration to report myself because i stay in my own condo..

Fast service it was. Lady there took my old TM30-slip away from my passport and issued me a new one with new date.

Edited by thaitero

A friend of mine flew out of the country with the relevant docs to get the non immig B visa. She flew back to thailand and got the work permit right away as arranged by our employer. She was then told by the officer at our workplace that she has 3 months to visit immigration to execute the ext of stay.   

But now its been a month and the officer is saying that she has to pay 2000 baht fine for not reporting her address. 

I dont know why she didnt visit immig on the day that she got her work permit to finish everything. 

Does she now have to take the TM28 and TM30 to immigration even though shes on a non immig B

many thanks

As this hearsay post does not make it clear for the failure of submitting which form the poster's friend allegedly was told by an "officer at her workplace" that "she has to pay 2000 baht fine for not reporting her address", this topic is now closed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app