Floor tiling problem

robblok

I got some problems with tiles in my floor at some places the coating is damaged a bit. This results in a reaction with cleaning agent leaving a black mark. I can scratch it off and it looks ok again. Now besides letting someone tile it new (just a few spots). Is there some kind of coating i can try (even if its just a fix for a few months that I have to re apply). Just don't like those black marks on the white tiles from the chemical reaction with cleaning agent and I dont feel like having them tile my whole living room again. Just too much of a mess. 

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

How aggressive is your cleaning agent?

Would a hard wax rubbed into the damaged area resist it?

Its the standard cleaning agent you buy in the supermarket. Soap based you got it in many colors.. I would think its not that aggressive and sometimes use dettol. Its not like i use any cleaning agents that are out of the ordinary. 

I just wonder if using a floor polisher instead of a cleaning agent may work better.

I refer to those  20" wide soft cleaning pads on a stick. the cleaner/polish is pink in colour and you spray it on the pad and leave it for 10 minutes.

then you clean/sweep/polish. the liquid is anti static so it collects dust and gives polished tiles that sheen again.

certainly no need to be using water on internal tiles. (bathroom excepted!) 

HomePro sell this clear acrylic sealer for a pebble flooring install... put a few coats in the cracked area... Between coats use a razor blade scrape any excess overpaint... between coats wrap the paintbrush in plastic and store on the freezer as you can't rinse the brush with water ;-)

IMG_1869.JPG

Edited by sfokevin

HomePro sell this clear acrylic sealer for a pebble flooring install... put a few coats in the cracked area... Between coats use a razor blade scrape any excess overpaint... between coats wrap the paintbrush in plastic and store on the freezer as you can't rinse the brush with water ;-)
IMG_1869.JPG.b611defb0f08a626c2c55bfb0e925447.JPG

That is what im looking for. Its far too much as we are talking about 7 or so small damaged places where something hard fell on the tiles.

if they are small pieces missing, what about some clear nail polish, you need to seal them somehow to stop the water getting to the softer backing material. even some same colour-ish silicon may do the trick.

The problem with covering up disparate spots is that they will eventually inherit a color different than surrounding tile and maybe just as objectionable.  If the "cleaning agent" is causing the problem, maybe try a different product.  Maybe try mopping with a bleach solution after normal cleaning.  ??

I cleaned the spots and they are really not much more as pin pricks where heavy items have struck the tiles. After that i used the sealer from toa and I will see what happens after cleaning. Just did a few of the spots to begin with will see how it works out.