Jump to content

VoiceTV suspended for seven days over broadcast violations


webfact

Recommended Posts

VoiceTV suspended for seven days over broadcast violations

 

be471c1688068d5d482f9f89e8d7c7f7-sld.jpe

 

BANGKOK: -- The broadcasting regulator on Monday resolved to suspend Voice TV’s operations for seven days, citing repeated violations of the junta’s order on media restriction. The suspension starts on midnight.

 

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) made the decide on Monday afternoon. 

 

NBTC commissioner Perapong Manakit said that Voice TV engaged in repetitive, wrongful conduct, and the three-day suspension would be put to the full NBTC meeting on Monday afternoon.

 

The station is said to have committed wrongful conduct in four programmes on March 15 and March 20 this year.

 

Last year, the station was found to have committed 10 violations.

 

The decision was made after some groups complained about five news programmes of the station, including Overview, Inherview and Baitong Hang.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310420

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to know exactly what was reported that's so severe that it results in a TV station getting shut down

Well it seems they were very critical of the soldier who shot a Lahu activist last week. Voice TV were also bias toward Ko Tee when reporting on the arms seizure a week ago and bias towards the abbot of the ufo temple recently too.

So as you can see it is still a very tense Thailand at the moment. The government is obviously worried that there might be trouble ahead as there has been on other Songkran occasions. Any politically violent protests would be extremely damaging to the current regime who have such a tricky time to get through. If a group decides to cause trouble during this difficult year then it could turn into something very nasty. Maybe civil war. The army don't want people stirred up by renegade news reporters.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They just don't want people knowing what's really going on, brainwash the population from birth, feed them a strict diet of rubbish on the TV, investigative journalism, forget it.

I could tell you the real reasons behind all the BS the Thais put up with from birth, but there are laws against telling the truth.

 

Certain people are scared of the future and in the internet age, they can see themselves losing grip, so what do you do ?

 

If it was me, I'd order the leader of the Army ( he controls the most guns to protect me from the poor masses, and I'd have amassed lots of evidence as to how he became so fabulously wealthy just in case he won't obey) to overthrow the government, appoint himself prime minister and give his mates positions of power, I'd get the Army to control the Media in my favor, create even more draconian laws that keep the population from expressing what they really feel.

 

Wait a minute................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go check out Khaosod English's website. Apparently it all has to do with a Voice TV reporter publishing an article about CP the Thai Billionaire who owns all the 7/11's gifting 7 million baht to Phillipines PM Duerete to help him with his war on drugs and help CP business in the Phillipines.

CP is furious and said the money has nothing to do with the war on drugs. So voice tv gets punished by CP. The big fish eats the little fish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Go check out Khaosod English's website. Apparently it all has to do with a Voice TV reporter publishing an article about CP the Thai Billionaire who owns all the 7/11's gifting 7 million baht to Phillipines PM Duerete to help him with his war on drugs and help CP business in the Phillipines.

CP is furious and said the money has nothing to do with the war on drugs. So voice tv gets punished by CP. The big fish eats the little fish.

The Nation article doesn't mention this or the Khaosod report by Pravit Rojanaphruk. 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/03/27/govt-orders-voice-tv-off-air-starting-midnight/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThaiBob said:

The Nation article doesn't mention this or the Khaosod report by Pravit Rojanaphruk. 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/03/27/govt-orders-voice-tv-off-air-starting-midnight/

Voice TV is mentioned in this article. Did CP have an influence on the decision to put voice TV off-air? No idea.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/international/2017/03/27/cp-denies-supporting-duterte-drug-war/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prayuths henchmen are following the manual of some the worlds great democratic leaders. Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Hussein, Pol pot, Kim Jong un, Idi Amin, Quddafi, Marcos and the Caesar.

 

These former representatives of the people must be proud of Prayuth attempts to steer the country backwards a few hundred years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Broken Record said:

They just don't want people knowing what's really going on, brainwash the population from birth, feed them a strict diet of rubbish on the TV, investigative journalism, forget it.

I could tell you the real reasons behind all the BS the Thais put up with from birth, but there are laws against telling the truth.

 

Certain people are scared of the future and in the internet age, they can see themselves losing grip, so what do you do ?

 

If it was me, I'd order the leader of the Army ( he controls the most guns to protect me from the poor masses, and I'd have amassed lots of evidence as to how he became so fabulously wealthy just in case he won't obey) to overthrow the government, appoint himself prime minister and give his mates positions of power, I'd get the Army to control the Media in my favor, create even more draconian laws that keep the population from expressing what they really feel.

 

Wait a minute................

Or, just label it fake news and feed the public alternate facts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...