200-million-baht outlay eyed for Bali Hai upgrades

Rimmer

200-million-baht outlay eyed for Bali Hai upgrades

PATTAYA:--The government will spend up to 200 million baht to upgrade Bali Hai Pier for November’s International Fleet Show.

Chonburi Gov. Pakarathorn Thienchai chaired two March 20 meetings on development and traffic management at the South Pattaya Jetty with Mayor Anan Charoenchasri, Banglamung District Chief Naris Niramaiwong and local police and Marine Department officials attending.

Having cleared out speedboats, tour buses and motorbikes as well as turning access roads into a one-way route, authorities are now ready to break ground on a new 25-million-baht terminal.

Contract signing was scheduled by the end of the month with groundbreaking at the former bus parking lot coming in early April.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/200-million-baht-outlay-eyed-bali-hai-upgrades-169026

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-03-31

I noticed this in the news article:

Officials also plan to spend 40 million baht on 96 new CCTV cameras.

Here we go again. Wasn't that long ago that they were spending Bt60m on 200 cameras. The CCTV business in Thailand looks like a nice little earner.

Plus, the 800lb gorilla seems to have been ignored. Maybe they are planning to hire David Copperfield so that he can make The Waterfront disappear for a couple of days.:smile:

7 hours ago, dabhand said:

I noticed this in the news article:

Here we go again. Wasn't that long ago that they were spending Bt60m on 200 cameras. The CCTV business in Thailand looks like a nice little earner.

Plus, the 800lb gorilla seems to have been ignored. Maybe they are planning to hire David Copperfield so that he can make The Waterfront disappear for a couple of days.:smile:

Am not kidding I bought one the other day for one thousand baht. Full color, full sound, you can control it with an iPad or smart phone. 

I think it was another 200 for a memory stick. 

What a rort. 30 million would fix Pattayas broken down sewerage plant.

1 hour ago, Philthyphil said:

Am not kidding I bought one the other day for one thousand baht. Full color, full sound, you can control it with an iPad or smart phone. 

I think it was another 200 for a memory stick. 

What a rort. 30 million would fix Pattayas broken down sewerage plant.

40 million Baht % by 96= 416,666 Baht per CCTV camera  or 12,254 Dollars per camera...

Edited by fforest1

44 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

40 million Baht % by 96= 416,666 Baht per CCTV camera  or 12,254 Dollars per camera...

Perhaps the money would be spent on a garbage dump. The last one closed down four years ago. 

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-ordered-solve-decade-long-trash-crisis-165441

IMO it is much more urgent than wasting that sort of money on CCTVs that won't be maintained.

At 416,666 baht for cameras that can be bought for 1,000 it makes me wonder how much cream will be creamed off this Bali hai upgrade and who will it go to, and then what about these submarines.

hww much cream was there creamed off the Pattaya tunnel?

Edited by Philthyphil

I recall when the Bali Hai pier opened. Less than a year later it was falling apart, and a local guy got electrocuted (yes he died).

Baht buses were never intended for it, yet they were tearing it up out there.

Figure at least 40-50% of this 200 million baht will wind up in brown envelopes.

The rest will go to sub-par, subcontractors who will make whatever they do, just good enough to last 2 months, and then it will start to fall apart.

Not Thai-bashing, just saying what will probably happen IMHO.

Edited by jaywalker