Green book replacement

MrBrad

A friend of mine (always "a friend", never me) living in Australia has a motorcycle here in Chiang Mai.  The registration expired in December 2016.  He was sure that he knew where in his condo he placed his green book, and had asked me to renew the registration while he was back in Australia.

I cannot find the book, and he's at a loss as to where it could be.  In talking with him this morning he asked me to try to find out how to resolve the issue if the book is truly lost.  He'll be in Chiang Mai again in a couple weeks, and he hopes to get this all straightened out at that time.

Assuming the book doesn't turn up, how does one get a replacement green book?

Thanks for all help.

2 hours ago, MrBrad said:

He'll be in Chiang Mai again in a couple weeks, and he hopes to get this all straightened out at that time.

Yep he can then get sorted with the local DLT office if he can't find the book. 

I assume that the DLT is the registration office located near the Holiday Inn.  Thanks for your help.

Oh, and which police station would be appropriate for this kind of report?

Thanks again.

DLT. Is your nearest department of land transportation

Any police station would write you the lost or stolen report but again just go to your nearest one...sometimes they charge a fee for the letter ...just offer what you want if they ask because its an unofficial fee [emoji6]

Archived