THA reports 80% hotel occupancy rate ahead of Songkran

webfact

THA reports 80% hotel occupancy rate ahead of Songkran

CHIANG MAI, 3rd April 2017 (NNT) - The Thai Hotels Association (THA), Northern Chapter is anticipating high tourist activity during this year’s Songkran Water Festival, based on its hotel occupancy reports and an expected large influx of Chinese tourists. 

President of the THA, Northern Chapter La-iad Bungsrithong revealed today that hotels in the region are reporting an average 80% in room reservations ahead of the Thai New Year holiday, with some resorts completely booked out. The average occupancy rate is similar to that of last year. 

La-iad expects most foreign tourists to arrive from China, followed by Europe, and that Chiang Mai province will see tourist activity comparable to that of last year. 

The regional president remarked that aside from the Songkran festival, foreign tourists are drawn to Thailand for its ease of travel and renowned cuisine.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-03

19 hours ago, petermik said:

Where do they drum these numbers up    :whistling:

You concentrate on a really good number to fit your criteria as in this case 80% You then write 80% on lets say 10 pieces of paper fold them over and place in a hat and pick one. And the winner is 80%. A deafening round of clapping ensues. 

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Were these reservations made before the government announced that unrestrained throwing or shooting water during Songkran will be a crime? That people must buy scented water from the government and apply "kindly?"

Is your information from the article published on April 1?  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/976343-songkran-faces-ban-water-throwing-set-to-be-a-crime-this-year/  If so, you might want to scroll to the final post.

My apologies if your post was intended to be a continuation of the joke.  It can be difficult to tell on TV.

Edited by heybruce

16 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Is your information from the article published on April 1?  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/976343-songkran-faces-ban-water-throwing-set-to-be-a-crime-this-year/  If so, you might want to scroll to the final post.

My apologies if your post was intended to be a continuation of the joke.  It can be difficult to tell on TV.

Just saw an article today that secondary and minor roads will be allowed traditional water throwing celebrations but not main roadways. So a quick correction by the government.roads

Booking.com has a feature that shows the overalll occupancy rate for all hotels using this site. Most hotels use this site, so it is a fairly good indicator of occupancy rate.

It is showing a 36% occupancy rate for Chiang Mai during the 3 days of Songkran.

Somebody is lying...

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Booking.com has a feature that shows the overalll occupancy rate for all hotels using this site. Most hotels use this site, so it is a fairly good indicator of occupancy rate.

It is showing a 36% occupancy rate for Chiang Mai during the 3 days of Songkran.

Somebody is lying...

Booking. Com also tells you there are only 2 rooms left and 50 people looking at them right now.. Better book soon [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Ijustcashier said:

Booking. Com also tells you there are only 2 rooms left and 50 people looking at them right now.. Better book soon emoji23.png

Usual scam tactics to get potential customers to panic book thinking the vacant rooms are quickly being snapped up

I have noticed quite an influx of mainland Chinese this weekend in downtown CM

5 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Somebody is lying...

You actually believe that the booking sites are telling the truth!  It is called 'marketing'. If by any chance they are telling the 'truth' they are talking about their allocation of bookings to their Company, not the total availability of the Hotel/Cruise/Air ticket etc. available to Joe public with either walk in or direct booking availability.

Or they do the opposite with low figures.

Only one item left buy now while stocks last.

Book now before next price rise. 

Get real.

Edited by scottiejohn

I think you missed the point. The website is showing a much lower occupancy rate than the one by TAT. Under your theory, it should be higher. I find the booking.com statistic shows the highs and lows fairly accurately. For instance, Pattaya is showing about 60%, and was in the high 80s around xmas and new year.

I think you missed the point. The website is showing a much lower occupancy rate than the one by TAT. Under your theory, it should be higher. I find the booking.com statistic shows the highs and lows fairly accurately. For instance, Pattaya is showing about 60%, and was in the high 80s around xmas and new year.

Hard to know if info is reliable especially since the bookings are not confirmed until they show up and usually nothing charged to CC. I use them because of their cancellation policies.

Also There must be a thousand guest houses not registered with them.

I would revisit those figures after Songkran for a better picture

55 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

If any of you guys could tell me how you're reaching your conclusions other than using Booking.com's figures and  your gut feeling, plus, probably a little bit of an attitude of it's from the Thais so it must be false,  I might believe you. How do you know whether or not the figures from  Thai Hotels Association (Northern Chapter) are correct or not? Do you even know who they are?