Tablet to tv

johnmell

I have a Samsung tab A (2016) tablet. I only use mobile data and not wifi.It does not have an hdmi outlet. I have a 50 inch modern tv ( not Samsung).

Is there any way i can watch videos etc from the tablet on the tv?

Many thanks.

It's called "casting" and there are many Android apps that will do this.  I have never done it so can not make a recommendation but lots of info on Google "android casting to tv", also You Tube tutorials.

• 2 weeks later...

DDDave is right you will need to cast from the phone to the TV using DLNA, best option is to get a dongle that plugs into the back of the TV and then get an app for tablet. Anycast dongle from Lazada 500 baht and tablet app BubbleUPNP should sort you out,

I'm guessing here as there are scant details, but it sounds like you do not have local WiFi in your location. Is that correct?

And that you use mobile (3G/4G) data to stream videos from the internet? Maybe YouTube?

Without a local network any sort of "casting" seems impossible?

What sort of A/V inputs does your TV have?

As far as I can figure the Tab A does not support video output using a physical cable (USB to HDMI) adapter, maybe this just a sort of feature removal for the "value" segment of their line?

I think you'd have to create a WiFi LAN, interfaced to a mobile data WAN (SIM card in a router), then use a device on the TV (like a Chromecast).

If you could provide more details a different solution might present.

https://dorothyshome.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-9-7-tablet-hdmi-lead-cable/

Edited by mtls2005

According to dummies.com:

HOW TO CONNECT A SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB TO A LARGE SCREEN TV
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 For Dummies

By Dan Gookin

"As long as the TV has an HDMI input, you can connect your Galaxy Tab to see the Big Picture.

To make the HDMI connection, you need the Multimedia Dock or HDMI dongle.  

Yep: The Tab doesn’t do HDMI straight out of the box.

The friendly folks at the Phone Store would be happy to sell you the proper HDMI equipment."

To display your Galaxy Tab A directly on an HDMI capable TV you'd need a MicroUSB to HDMI adapter.

Or, as other posters have mentioned, you might be able to 'cast; to either a Smart TV or TV equipped with an external Android box or Google Chromecast -type device over WiFi.