Jomtien Immigration Wednesday 5th April

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

That's correct. Friday and Monday will be extra busy there. If your inside your 7 day period I would leave it until at least Tuesday next week before going. Particularly if your driving, you will struggle to park.

But if one had been planning on going there today being the final day allowed for their 90-day report within the 7-day grace period, presumably one would have little choice other than to run the gauntlet of the masses on Friday if one was to avoid the possibility of being fined? And, even then, would one be likely to succeed in avoiding this possibility?

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But if one had been planning on going there today being the final day allowed for their 90-day report within the 7-day grace period, presumably one would have little choice other than to run the gauntlet of the masses on Friday if one was to avoid the possibility of being fined? And, even then, would one be likely to succeed in avoiding this possibility?

If today was the last day you could report and you go Friday, you won't be fined.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If today was the last day you could report and you go Friday, you won't be fined.

Late 90 day reporting fines are not waived due to a immigration office being closed when it was due. That is why they have the 15 days before or 7 days after allowance.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Late 90 day reporting fines are not waived due to a immigration office being closed when it was due. That is why they have the 15 days before or 7 days after allowance.

Yes. I know that BUT he won't be fined for today's 'Unscheduled' closure which in return due to a Bank holiday tomorrow, he can't report until Monday. If tomorrow was his final day, yes he would be fined. 

32 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes. I know that BUT he won't be fined for today's 'Unscheduled' closure which in return due to a Bank holiday tomorrow, he can't report until Monday. If tomorrow was his final day, yes he would be fined. 

If today was the last day of the 7 days and he went to immigration they might do it manually for him. Just fill in the receipt by hand and enter it in the computer when they have electricity.

I read in a post on the Pattaya forum that the doors are open.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If today was the last day of the 7 days and he went to immigration they might do it manually for him. Just fill in the receipt by hand and enter it in the computer when they have electricity.

I read in a post on the Pattaya forum that the doors are open.

I don't think he was out of time anyway. It looked just a hypothetical question. Good point though about handing it in. The Pattaya forum states they are open to collect passports but no processing.