Taxi to Utapao Airport??

moonseeker

Good evening

My regular 2 companies are telling me no more trips to Utapao for reasons of check-points etc., no details provided.

Anybody has a reliable  driver, company I could call for my next trip this coming Friday.  Thank you kindly.  MS>

I'm going to write what you know...There are check points springing up all over the place, especially on Sukhumvit. There were one each side just yesterday north of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Serious check points, causing delays and of course an accident close to happening every moment. As we used to say at the horse races.."I wish they allowed shotguns here".. How that impacts a "taxi" is beyond me but you don't need bother arguing with who you thought you knew. You are stuck using one of the kiosk stands around town, and you will be overcharged to the tune of 1000. Baht. Usually if not always prepaid which has other more serious related problems associated with same not limited to but including not showing up and blaming you, the pre-paying farang. I suggest getting to an easy pick up point despite it taking away half of the convenience you are paying for. I've never paid less than 1000. Baht but never argued about it either. I'm going to the Hospital down there and the driver also takes me back to Pattaya waiting an hour and a half(sometimes two and a half). Have a nice flight mate and God Bless You. OO

Not sure where you are, but using Central Festival Mall as a start point, UberX shows a price of B600 to Utapao, and GrabCar shows a fare of B878.  Grab has a promotion code ("APRIL") that takes B75 off until 09-April-2017, so that'd be B803.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, wpcoe said:

Not sure where you are, but using Central Festival Mall as a start point, UberX shows a price of B600 to Utapao, and GrabCar shows a fare of B878.  Grab has a promotion code ("APRIL") that takes B75 off until 09-April-2017, so that'd be B803.

I heard (most likely a Pattaya urban legend again) that Air Asia runs a van from Central Festival to Utapao... or maybe the "rumor" was a van leaves from Central Festival Mall during certain times of the day. I have never seen a sign or which side of the building one would jump in.  Note: If one uses UberX or GrabCar, do you need the Ap on your smart-phone?

On 4/6/2017 at 1:05 PM, wpcoe said:

some of us old fashioned people don't use smart phones. Just my old flip phone, voice and text.  Is there anyway to use these other services by maybe going online and reserving before traveling?  Then communicate by voice or text, no apps on my flip phone, no internet

11 hours ago, toenail said:

I heard (most likely a Pattaya urban legend again) that Air Asia runs a van from Central Festival to Utapao... or maybe the "rumor" was a van leaves from Central Festival Mall during certain times of the day. I have never seen a sign or which side of the building one would jump in.  Note: If one uses UberX or GrabCar, do you need the Ap on your smart-phone?

I live near the airport and see the Air Asia minibus around the area, it looks like it also goes to rayong, or there is another rayong route minibus. i would think that to use the minibus you should choose the 'Thailand city transfer' menu option instead of the 'Thailand' menu option when booking the tickets, and choosing departure and arrival airports

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

some of us old fashioned people don't use smart phones. Just my old flip phone, voice and text.  Is there anyway to use these other services by maybe going online and reserving before traveling?  Then communicate by voice or text, no apps on my flip phone, no internet

One needs to enter the realm of smart phones to use Uber and Grab.  For some, it'll be a big leap.  For other, not so much.  I figure if *I* can figure it out, so can most other folks.  Kind of like transitioning from posting letters to using computers for e-mail.

Edited by wpcoe
originally quoted wrong post

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 8:29 AM, sungod said:

Little late but may help others

Mr T, 700 baht I paid 6 months ago.

I paid 1000THB from BKK to Jomtien on Tuesday. Ok car and a young clean looking Thai man drove. Good driver.

Mr T's is good.

They have a website which really helps.

I am gonna check UberX soon.