Government to discuss closure of gold mine with Kingsgate

snoop1130

Government to discuss closure of gold mine with Kingsgate

By The Nation

8f64596ffc67b9be064d2846f540964f.jpeg

The government has agreed to discuss the closure of a gold mine with Australian company Kingsgate Consolidated.

The Industry Ministry has prepared a meeting with the company and asked for representatives from related agencies to form the official working group to discuss the issue with Kingsgate, the National News Bureau of Thailand reported on Thursday.

Primary Industries and Mines Department director-general Somboon Yindeeyoungyuen said that the Thai government respected the rights of the company to ask for their benefits from Thailand, under the Australia Free Trade Agreement.

Somboon said the government was considering the facts to find a solution.

However, he said the department still has to strictly comply with the gold mine closure order until it is changed. In the meantime the department was also trying to solve the gold mine problems, enhance local people’s livelihood and suggest a strategic plan to manage gold ore resources.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311535

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-6

A smash and grab job under the auspices of Article 44. Once in Thai hands, it will be up and running again with free equipment, infrastructure and Oz standards trained local staff all provided by the parent Kingsgate. Slave wages will be implemented and safety will be out the window. 

Nice little earner for the junta and the PTB.  "Teach me how to spearfish please? Thanks for the expertise and equipment.  I have decided I own the beach. Now get out!"  Hope the Oz gov't takes these clowns to task under the FTA. Though, if I were a shareholder and knowing Thailand I would sell my shares ASAP. 

This is going to be a long battle under the current circumstances. P.S.- didn't a well connected Thai put a bid on Akara (the Thai subsidiary) for about a penny on the dollar since the announcement? 

14 hours ago, docshock13 said:

A smash and grab job under the auspices of Article 44. Once in Thai hands, it will be up and running again with free equipment, infrastructure and Oz standards trained local staff all provided by the parent Kingsgate. Slave wages will be implemented and safety will be out the window. 

Nice little earner for the junta and the PTB.  "Teach me how to spearfish please? Thanks for the expertise and equipment.  I have decided I own the beach. Now get out!"  Hope the Oz gov't takes these clowns to task under the FTA. Though, if I were a shareholder and knowing Thailand I would sell my shares ASAP. 

This is going to be a long battle under the current circumstances. P.S.- didn't a well connected Thai put a bid on Akara (the Thai subsidiary) for about a penny on the dollar since the announcement? 

This approach against mining companies is taking place all over the world. One must check carefully before investing in a mine say in the Philippines as they are shutting them down left and right and who knows the heavy lifting cost wise to start these projects has been done already. Time to skim off the gravy. 

17 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Countries all over the world are cluing into the smash and grab principal. They are all broke and are turning over every stone they can to find a coin. 

Edited by elgordo38