New Phuket Governor arrives, confident of resolving ‘all problems’

webfact

New Phuket Governor arrives, confident of resolving ‘all problems’

Premkamon Ketsara

1491802782_1-org.jpg

Norraphat Plodthong, the new and 48th Governor of Phuket, and his wife, Ms Sudawan, pay their respects at the statue of historic Phuket figure Phraya Rassada Na-Ranong on Rang Hill in Phuket Town this morning (April 10). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- Norraphat Plodthong, the new and 48th Governor of Phuket, arrived on the island this morning (April 10), brimming with confidence of resolving all problems in the province.

“I am originally from Nakhon Sri Thammarat. I can speak Southern Thai. I don’t think, there will be any problems with working here. Here is well known for problems. Don’t worry. Problems exist to be solved,” New Phuket Governor said.

Governor Norraphat said he was surprised with his transfer to the post of Governor of Phuket.

“I am surprised with the order, because Phuket is a not your ordinary province,” he said.

Mr Norraphat and his wife, Ms Sudawan, have a busy schedule for their first day in Phuket, paying respects to revered figures including the Phuket Heroines and to Khaw Sim Bee, formally known as “founding father of Phuket development” Phraya Rassada Na-Ranong, and a formal dinner with leading island officials and dignitaries to be held tonight.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-phuket-governor-arrives-confident-of-resolving-all-problems-61734.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-10

This tactic is used throughout government agencies here ie before the $hit sticks move them on. A Phuket Bank manager stole my house and when the banks head office were confronted they replied ..." Nothing we can do he does not work here anymore!" Rubbish statement to make but the police accepted it. 

Edited by Nip
Add a fact.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

...and a formal dinner with leading island officials and dignitaries to be held tonight.

The pessimist in me can't help but wonder if some of those "dignitaries" might be the so-called 
"influential" people of Phuket. An early opportunity to show the new Gov who really runs Phuket and introduce him to his new masters.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

What are all the medals for?  I spent years in the army and never got so much fruit salad on my uniform.  Where did he serve.

The medals you see on Thai army uniforms are more like boy scout merit badges than the medals of Western armies. I've been told they're awarded mostly for completing training classes. 

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

What are all the medals for?  I spent years in the army and never got so much fruit salad on my uniform.  Where did he serve.

The uniform he wear its not a Army uniform and as far I understand he have previously worked as a Director in a technical planning department for the ministry of interior.