How hard is it to open paypal account in Thailand?

Ditto ^^^, I certainly didn't have to provide anything more than banking and debit card details (and my mobile number, but not sure if that was compulsory).

It was some years back mind.

i recall i had to access/register P/P  THROUGH THEIR Singapore site   as opposed the UK  to add Thai cards  although i read recently they have opened a service/site for Thailand

bit vague  but may help 

You need a Thai bank account and either a TH credit or debit card. PayPal will make three small deposits to your bank account which you will need to verify with PayPal. Occasionally PayPal will still put a transfer hold on your account and ask for additional proof of idenitity. It's an easy process.

4 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I think your right I just read somewhere that they are making a big push into LOS

o Good to know. Needed a TH bank account when I set up my PayPal account but that was a few years ago now.

9 minutes ago, Headgame said:

o Good to know. Needed a TH bank account when I set up my PayPal account but that was a few years ago now.

I use my home issued credit card hooked up with PP for all my purchases less hassle. Never divulge to them that your living in Thailand its none of their business. 

Don't do it, I got nothing but hassle, everytime I thought, well that should be it, but they always wanted something else, then

I was told that's it, then when I tried to use it they wanted something else, I told them to stuff their Paypal where the sun don't shine.

Yes it is easy---especially if you already have an existing PP account in another country. I have one in Oz...I have added the UK & Thailand to it. It wasn't a problem--- maybe more difficult if you do not have one at all.

when paypal was run by elon musk it was incredibly difficult to have a paypal

account if you had any contact with the far east. since paypal has been taken over by microsoft the whole process has been streamlined. because of this it has taken me 10 years to open a paypal account but all is well now. sorry to say this elon but good luck with spacex.

9 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

when paypal was run by elon musk it was incredibly difficult to have a paypal

account if you had any contact with the far east. since paypal has been taken over by microsoft the whole process has been streamlined. because of this it has taken me 10 years to open a paypal account but all is well now. sorry to say this elon but good luck with spacex.

Paypal was never taken over my microsoft or any other company.

Paypal is not skype.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:42 AM, parafareno said:

proof of residence

You could get this from immigration. It'll be in Thai but so are most utility bills and PayPal understands Thai language. 5 year driving license has address on back as well.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:56 PM, abab said:

Paypal was never taken over my microsoft or any other company.

Paypal is not skype.

yes it was skype that was taken over by microsoft when they added the back door so that people can listen to your conversation.

paypal was taken over by ebay.

• 1 year later...

Archived