Improperly stored raw meat among violations found at Trump's Mar-a-Lago

webfact

2 hours ago, rodney earl said:

The only reason this makes the news is because it is owner by  President Trump and I am sure he has nothing to do with the running of the place. 

We need more people in positions of authority like him. I hope that he is president for as long as possible.!!!!!

If something praiseworthy happened at a Trump-owned entity, Trump would be shouting praises.   However, if something bad happens, then (to Trumpsters) it's either fake news or unimportant.   Same with jobless numbers or popularity polls, and many other things.   If it props up Trump's ego, then he deems it's great and true.  If not, then he deems it fake news, and wants the reporters fired and their organizations to go out of business.

When Trump is angry/depressed about something, like Sessions recusing himself or Republicans losing the bid to eradicate ACA, then Trump's staff cheer him up by showing him statistics like: Less Muslim tourists allowed to enter the US,  or more Latina women denied pre-natal care.   His staffers know how to cheer him up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Maybe he should start hiring some Americans who have studied in culinary schools  to work in his kitchens instead of the low wage workers here on H1B visas.

How do you know who is working at this place? You make the claim that the facility  hired low wage staff via the H1B visa program.. Since you are so full of knowledge, what's the head count at the  facility and how many are H1B visas? 

In another post you reference  the need to hire graduates of culinary schools. 

Ok.

Joe Isadori  was a graduate of the CIA and executive chef.

Aaron Fuller was a qualified chef.

Yes sometimes the hotel hires foreigners. It hired one of France's top pastry chefs, Cedric Barbaret. He didn't come cheap. He upskilled the pastry division before moving on.

I can go on, but you don't know who is working in the  kitchen do you?

For reference sake, the US H1-B visa is to be used for staff in specialty occupations. The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:

- Have a minimum entry requirement of a Bachelor's or higher degree or its equivalent

-The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.

-The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
- The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree.

39 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

How do you know who is working at this place? You make the claim that the facility  hired low wage staff via the H1B visa program.. Since you are so full of knowledge, what's the head count at the  facility and how many are H1B visas? 

In another post you reference  the need to hire graduates of culinary schools. 

Ok.

Joe Isadori  was a graduate of the CIA and executive chef.

Aaron Fuller was a qualified chef.

Yes sometimes the hotel hires foreigners. It hired one of France's top pastry chefs, Cedric Barbaret. He didn't come cheap. He upskilled the pastry division before moving on.

I can go on, but you don't know who is working in the  kitchen do you?

For reference sake, the US H1-B visa is to be used for staff in specialty occupations. The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:

- Have a minimum entry requirement of a Bachelor's or higher degree or its equivalent

-The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.

-The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
- The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree.

Google is your friend:

Trump again hires 64 foreign workers for Mar-a-Lago; little change in pay

As the presidential campaign heated up, Trump won approval to hire 64 foreign workers through the federal government’s H-2B visa program, according to newly released data from the U.S. Department of Labor. 

The U.S. Department of Labor gave Trump permission to hire 19 cooks at $12.74 an hour, down from $13.01 an hour last year.

Mar-a-Lago also plans to hire 30 waiters and waitresses at $11.13 an hour, up from $10.99 an hour last year and 15 housekeepers at $10.17 an hour, up from $10.07 an hour last year.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/trump-again-hires-foreign-workers-for-mar-lago-little-change-pay/qqRJY7486L4i4gYz5L86ZJ/

Clearly these are highly trained and very specialized workers. Probably some of them have master degrees and even doctorates in table service.  The article goes on to say that a local employment agency says that there are plenty of locals available to do this work.

OP said, in part......

Other violations included sinks with water too cold to sanitize hands and rusty shelves inside walk-in coolers.

This link may be worth looking at

http://www.mnn.com/health/healthy-spaces/questions/how-hot-does-water-need-to-be-when-you-wash-your-hands

which says, in part

"But the hot water needed to kill bacteria is way too hot to be comfortable to use when washing your hands.

Luckily, studies have proven that hot water is not necessary to use while hand washing..."

And another one..

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2010/09/23/3020122.htm

which says, in part.........

"Now here's the surprising result. Washing their hands at different temperatures made no real difference in the numbers of bacteria left on the skin, whether they were permanent resident bacteria, or transient immigrant bacteria."

And yet another one.....

https://health.stackexchange.com/questions/500/does-hot-water-kill-germs-better-than-cold-water

which says, in part.....

"Carrico said that after a review of the scientific literature, her team found "no evidence that using hot water that a person could stand would have any benefit in killing bacteria." Even water as cold as 40°F (4.4°C) appeared to reduce bacteria as well as hotter water, if hands were scrubbed, rinsed, and dried properly."

This part of the OP may also be worth considering....

"There was nothing unusual about the violations and state officials see no need to increase the routine cycle of surprise inspections beyond the usual twice a year, said Kathleen Keenan, a spokeswoman for the Florida regulator."  That's what one would expect when.....from the OP It said they were corrected immediately and the property's three kitchens brought into compliance before its inspectors left.

I suppose if some of the other accusations were tested they too may come up wanting??

May one conclude that there is a witch hunt going on here???  Discredit Trump at any cost??   Perhaps.

Edited by F4UCorsair

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I doubt the Chinese president would be part of a Japanese state visit.

The inspections took place on Jan. 26 and 27, just days before the state visit of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Trump also entertained the Chinese leader at Mar A Logo...

Why Trump should want to entertain state dignitaries at his private estates instead of say Camp David? one can only think he is promoting his  personal business interests. 

Edited by Basil B

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Trump also entertained the Chinese leader at Mar A Logo...

Why Trump should want to entertain state dignitaries at his private estates instead of say Camp David? one can only think he is promoting his  personal business interests. 

Actually Camp David is a private retreat for the USA president. It has been used by leaders of the US to host foreign dignitaries but it's primary purpose is as a private retreat for the CiC, not as a venue to host other foreign heads of state.

He's hosting these leaders in his own backyard, which I would assume makes him feel most in his element. Drumming up business? Possible but very doubtful.

Edited by Ramen087

On 4/14/2017 at 4:18 PM, Emster23 said:

Those darn food regulations, among others. Don't worry Donny, you can just write an executive order covering your property. Unleash American business! Safety for food, environment are so yesterday!

Don't give him ideas Emster. 

19 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

That ifsinnot ithe attack that bothers me ithe possibility of this does. From a newsletter I receive

The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

The President doesn't make decisions In Isolation.  He  captains no aircraft, Or ships, nor fires missiles, and no doubt before the last couple of moves, there was wide consultation  within the US military before a decision was made.

I know, Congress wasn't consulted, but did It need to be...even the Democrats widely approved after the event.

But.....this Is off topic.

I  think this thtead has run out of legs, nothing serious happened, and It would never have rated a mention If the property had been owned by anybody other than the President.

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

The President doesn't make decisions In Isolation.  He  captains no aircraft, Or ships, nor fires missiles, and no doubt before the last couple of moves, there was wide consultation  within the US military before a decision was made.

I know, Congress wasn't consulted, but did It need to be...even the Democrats widely approved after the event.

I  think this thtead has run out of legs, nothing serious happened, and It would never have rated a mention If the property had been owned by anybody other than the President.

You have to rule by example. I can still remember my childhood and my parents the rulers with the ruler. 

22 hours ago, Basil B said:

In the last few days...

• He has bombed Syria
  • He has sent the Navy to threaten the North Koreans
  • He has dropped the Mother Of All Bombs in Afghanistan
  • And now it seems he tried to poison the Chinese President...

Well; that seems another promise he failed to keep--remember, he was going to give Xi a big-mac

32 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Apparently Trump does think he can make decisions in isolation--remember his attempts at immigration bans; even worse his selection of questionable advisers.  However, all the reversals he has done lately may be a sign he is learning.

And I do agree, this was newsworthy just because it is the President--another example of his inadequate oversight; let 'em sue, then settle and call it fake news. 

4 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Actually Camp David is a private retreat for the USA president. It has been used by leaders of the US to host foreign dignitaries but it's primary purpose is as a private retreat for the CiC, not as a venue to host other foreign heads of state.

He's hosting these leaders in his own backyard, which I would assume makes him feel most in his element. Drumming up business? Possible but very doubtful.

Well I guess taking all these foreign leaders to Mara Lago has no business benefit at all, apart from say, annual membership fees just going up from 100K per year to 200K per year, with no shortage of membership requests now (probably all from foreign intelligence agencies wanting to listen in on top secret meetings held at the dinner table in the restaurant). So, no, POTUS doesn't seem to be taking advantage at all does he. :coffee1:

Meanwhile ... Not to be missed at Mar-a Lago...: Chocolate Cake ... forget about raw meat ...

Mar-a-Lago " war room"   will never become as Iconic as Obama's

16004748.jpg

" Is it Donald’s enthusiasm for being able to tell President Xi “during dessert” as he was “enjoying” the “most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen” that he was pounding the sh*t out of a foreign country with “59 Tomahawk missiles…”all of which hit, all of which hit.”

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/04/trump-chocolate-cake/

Trump watched missile attack in makeshift situation room at Mar-a-Lago 

Edited by Opl

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

Apparently Trump does think he can make decisions in isolation--remember his attempts at immigration bans; even worse his selection of questionable advisers.  However, all the reversals he has done lately may be a sign he is learning.

And I do agree, this was newsworthy just because it is the President--another example of his inadequate oversight; let 'em sue, then settle and call it fake news. 

With a business empire the size of Trump's, he can't oversee everything.   That's why businesses have managers.

This is just another beat up by the left, and as said previously, wouldn't even make a local paper if it hadn't been owned by the President, who happens to be on the right of politics.

16 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, keep on hiring foreign workers for lousy wages while demanding that other American employers hire Americans!

You may start another thread about hiring foreign workers for lousy wages if you wish, but this thread title is

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

With a business empire the size of Trump's, he can't oversee everything.   That's why businesses have managers.

This is just another beat up by the left, and as said previously, wouldn't even make a local paper if it hadn't been owned by the President, who happens to be on the right of politics.

Youre forgetting part of your sentence 'if it hadn't been owned by the President and was used for receiving foreign dignitaries,'

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Poor little rich kid, he just can't stand criticism so he lables it fake news or getting beat-up by the left instead of labeling it what it is; poor decisions.

However, you may have hit the nail on the head with your attempt at rebuttal. The US is a much larger business than anything Trump has ever been responsible and his selection of managers is suspect at best. He does not quite understand he cannot just say, "your fired" to everyone who disagrees or simply go bankrupt and back-out of every agreement or department which does not go his way. 

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Poor little rich kid, he just can't stand criticism so he lables it fake news or getting beat-up by the left instead of labeling it what it is; poor decisions.

However, you may have hit the nail on the head with your attempt at rebuttal. The US is a much larger business than anything Trump has ever been responsible and his selection of managers is suspect at best. He does not quite understand he cannot just say, "your fired" to everyone who disagrees or simply go bankrupt and back-out of every agreement or department which does not go his way. 

Another nice try at diversion, however, as previously stated, the title of this thread is

If you want to start another thread on business ethics, or whatever it is you're trying to get at, please do so.  In the meantime, if you have anything of value to add to the topic, and above posts, particularly # 34, I'm sure others would welcome it.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Youre forgetting part of your sentence 'if it hadn't been owned by the President and was used for receiving foreign dignitaries,'

Why is 'receiving foreign dignitaries' relevant?

I wasn't forgetting part of MY sentence.   That WAS my sentence.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

IO think this whole thing needs to be put into some sort of perspective.   If similar/the same violations were found in the White House area that caters for the President and visiting dignitaries, would you lot still be blaming Trump?

We've just heard that he chooses managers unwisely, so would he be responsible if the above scenario occurred?   I guess in the eyes of the few he would, even though he had nothing to do with choosing 'those in the kitchen'..

22 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Another nice try at diversion, however, as previously stated, the title of this thread is

If you want to start another thread on business ethics, or whatever it is you're trying to get at, please do so.  In the meantime, if you have anything of value to add to the topic, and above posts, particularly # 34, I'm sure others would welcome it.

Diversion?  Do you even remember your pitiful post to which I responded--#49. I directly addressed your post where you tried to pull a Spicer. Ineffectively, of course.  

Now you are trying to claim that the Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, are now picking on Trump; because their health regulations may have contrary opinions from outside sources.  

The point is these Florida Health departments make the rules for Florida and Trump's Mar-a-Lago  was so poorly managed it failed the Florida inspection.

So, now you expect us to believe that all Florida--or is it all other States too-- government agencies, and all media, and all the establishment, and all Democrats, as well as many Republicans--including the Bush clan--are all out to get the Trumpet?   

Not even close to a nice try.  

IO think this whole thing needs to be put into some sort of perspective.   If similar/the same violations were found in the White House area that caters for the President and visiting dignitaries, would you lot still be blaming Trump?

We've just heard that he chooses managers unwisely, so would he be responsible if the above scenario occurred?   I guess in the eyes of the few he would, even though he had nothing to do with choosing 'those in the kitchen'..

I don't think Trump is responsible for the WH staff.

sent using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't think Trump is responsible for the WH staff.

sent using Tapatalk

Just as he probably has nothing to do with selecting staff at his resort establishment, except for the top level, of course.   They then select the 'workers'.  

This is all becoming silly, and off topic.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Diversion?  Do you even remember your pitiful post to which I responded--#49. I directly addressed your post where you tried to pull a Spicer. Ineffectively, of course.  

Now you are trying to claim that the Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, are now picking on Trump; because their health regulations may have contrary opinions from outside sources.  

The point is these Florida Health departments make the rules for Florida and Trump's Mar-a-Lago  was so poorly managed it failed the Florida inspection.

So, now you expect us to believe that all Florida--or is it all other States too-- government agencies, and all media, and all the establishment, and all Democrats, as well as many Republicans--including the Bush clan--are all out to get the Trumpet?   

Not even close to a nice try.  

It's clear that the Florida Health Department is way out of step with the accepted standards on temperatures required to wash bacteria off hands.   It's as effective at 4 degrees centigrade as it is at 40, and the real removal occurs with the physical scrubbing using soap, and subsequent rinsing.  One wonders, with that knowledge, how a test could be failed and on what criteria???!!!

At a temperature required to remove bacteria because of temperature alone, it would result in severe burns to human skin.

'Pitiful post' constitutes trolling and flaming, and should be reported.

Nothing more needs to be said, although I'm sure you'll find something, however irrelevant.

Incidentally, you do yourself no credit with infantile name calling.....trumpet??

Edited by F4UCorsair

Just as he probably has nothing to do with selecting staff at his resort establishment, except for the top level, of course.   They then select the 'workers'.  

This is all becoming silly, and off topic.

He is responsible at mar a Lago, not at the WH. That is the difference.

sent using Tapatalk

This will give you something to bitch about guys.....300 visits by police since 1985!!!    300 visits in 31 years....that's almost 10 a year, one every five weeks, just terrible.

I'm sure he's been responsible for every incident

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/11/mar-a-lago-police-incidents-florida-trump

Go for it.

He's so far removed from the everyday running of properties such as this that he can't possibly be held responsible any more than he can for a noise violation, or a supposed ring theft.   It's just plain silly to contend that's the case, as silly as it would be to suggest he's responsible for everything that happens at the White House. 

I'll drop by occasionally to see what sort of a job you're doing on him, and no doubt you'll be outdoing each other with outrageous claims, but I'm out for further comment, way too petty for me.

Edited by F4UCorsair

39 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

It's clear that the Florida Health Department is way out of step with the accepted standards on temperatures required to wash bacteria off hands.   It's as effective at 4 degrees centigrade as it is at 40, and the real removal occurs with the physical scrubbing using soap, and subsequent rinsing.  One wonders, with that knowledge, how a test could be failed and on what criteria???!!!

At a temperature required to remove bacteria because of temperature alone, it would result in severe burns to human skin.

'Pitiful post' constitutes trolling and flaming, and should be reported.

Nothing more needs to be said, although I'm sure you'll find something, however irrelevant.

Incidentally, you do yourself no credit with infantile name calling.....trumpet??

So, now you are advocating not following the law because in your opinion it is out of step with accepted standards; except they are the accepted standards of Florida.  

I believe suggesting illegal activities is against forum rules; is it not?.