How soon can you extend your SETV

How soon in advance of the expiry date can you do the one month extension of your SETV at local immigration.

I have to do a passport renewal at Trendy British towers in Bkk asap but am concerned that they will accept the application then stamp your passport as no longer valid possibly using the last space I have for the extension or cut the corners etc, both of which may stop local immigration from issuing the extension if not done in advance before going to trendy,

Or at Bkk trendy towers passport office do they just accept the application and hand the existing passport back to you without anything physically done to it, which would allow me to do the extension at the normal time in the old passport or even in the new passport if it arrives in time.

So basically time advance extension question?

Also what if anything do Trendy passport office do to your passport before handing it back to you?

Many thanks

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

more of a passport question than an extension question , but normally you do the extension in the last week or two

Two questions really.............yes on my last extension I did it a couple of weeks in advance but this time would possibly like to do it a month advance.

Depends on the answer to the passport question?

2 minutes ago, sapson said:

Two questions really.............yes on my last extension I did it a couple of weeks in advance but this time would possibly like to do it a month advance.

Depends on the answer to the passport question?

I do not think that there is any set given time .

Why not go to immigration and try to get it extended and see what they say ?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Trendy cut the corner off the old passport , when giving you the new one .

The PP remains intact untill you receive the new one

People have extended one month before their visa expires

Thanks Sanemax............. so they do nothing until collection of the new passport thats great!

If you went to local immigration about 5 weeks in advance they would have no reason to refuse, for example if you were holidaying in a totally different area in Thailand to your local area guess it would be acceptable,

Just now, sanemax said:

I do not think that there is any set given time .

Why not go to immigration and try to get it extended and see what they say ?

sorry just overlapping your replies .................why not just go???? because immigration puts by blood pressure skywards at the best of times and I like to be armed with the facts if I can be to have a stress free time.? going to Bkk twice for the passport etc is crazy.............. .used to send it to Hongkong with a bankers draft passport back in two weeks!! now have the credit card problem and as mentioned the two visits from 450kms away, such is life!

21 hours ago, sapson said:

If you went to local immigration about 5 weeks in advance they would have no reason to refuse,

Annual extensions or renewals, e.g. based on retirement or marriage,  are usually permitted 30 days before the current permission to stay or extension of stay expires and in some office they can be done up to 45 days before.

For tourist visa entries most offices would only accept an application for an extension a week or so before the current permission expires unless you had some compelling reason ... and I doubt personal convenience qualifies as compelling.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Annual extensions or renewals, e.g. based on retirement or marriage,  are usually permitted 30 days before the current permission to stay or extension of stay expires and in some office they can be done up to 45 days before.

For tourist visa entries most offices would only accept an application for an extension a week or so before the current permission expires unless you had some compelling reason ... and I doubt personal convenience qualifies as compelling.

Sorry, but that sounds like a guess and supposition to me. Can anyone offer something more substantial WRT how far ahead of expiration an SETV can be extended?  Anyone who can report being denied an extension solely for that reason (or anyone who's received one, say, 3 weeks or more in advance)?

13 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Sorry, but that sounds like a guess and supposition to me. Can anyone offer something more substantial WRT how far ahead of expiration an SETV can be extended?  Anyone who can report being denied an extension solely for that reason (or anyone who's received one, say, 3 weeks or more in advance)?

Up to 2 weeks early is what is normally said. There is nothing in writing that states how early you can do it. It entirely depends upon the office you go to.

The extension would not be denied but you would be told to come back later to do the application.

Busy offices have told people to come back on the last day to do the application.

I have been told before  by immigration at CW  that they want you to wait for at least 30 days on a 60 day SETV before attempting to get a 30 day extension on your 60 day SETV.

I had 40 days left on my SETV,  and the did extend it for 3o days, but they complained I was too early at the time.

They said they were doing the 30 day extension only as a favor for me.

That was 2 years ago.