Where Can I Get Good Quality Big Water Bottles?

Weho

I get these big bottles of supposedly purfied water delivered to my house, about 40 baht for a big bottle, i think around 20 liters or so... but i don't know the brand, and i don't trust it. I know I have seen in Bangkok BIG bottles of Minere and other recognizable brand names... are they available anywhere in Pattaya, and do you have any contact info??? I'm willing to pay more for decent water! thanks...

I get mine delivered every week from a company called Amtech, its 40baht for the 20ltr bottle for my dispenser, the water is treated by Reverse Osmosis, Ultraviolet Light and Ozonation. It is also double sealed and I have never had a complaint. There number is 038 734 4686. I suggest you try them and see whta you think, the guy carries them into the house and places them by the dispensor for me so no hastle about going out to buy them.

I get mine delivered every week from a company called Amtech, its 40baht for the 20ltr bottle for my dispenser, the water is treated by Reverse Osmosis, Ultraviolet Light and Ozonation. It is also double sealed and I have never had a complaint. There number is 038 734 4686. I suggest you try them and see whta you think, the guy carries them into the house and places them by the dispensor for me so no hastle about going out to buy them.

I agree and do the same, i found it hard work buying water frmo tescos and getting it home, much easier home deliverd.

I also have a water despensor, cold water all day long,

Never had any problems,

Does Amtech supply the water dispenser or do you have to buy your own?

You can buy them from the Amtech guy, I borrowed a electronic water tester gadget recently and their water was clear of nasties, I tested a neighbours who uses the 10B water and it was on a par with tap water.

Don't panic. The standard 20 liter bottles @ 10 bath each serves 99% of the population without problems. You're more likely to get run over by a car or get dengue/malaria from a mosquito than get problems from this cheap and plentiful water.

Yeah but it tatses like crap.. The orginal poster was looking for quality rather than filtered tap water.

Mountain Spring 038367106 45baht a bottle and it actually tatses good, deliver as ofteen as you want.

One of the drivers recently left Mountain Spring and went to Amtech, without telling us he switched our 5 bottles and started delivering his water, I could tell at the first mouth full something had changed, as soon as I noticed the bottles I called Amtech and told them to bring my mountain spring ones back.

Does Amtech supply the water dispenser or do you have to buy your own?

I purchased my water machine from the BIG C roughly 6000bht, and it has a small hidden fridge which i keep full of Chang... Always some ready cold

I use Game R. O. Drinking Water. B40 for 18.9 liter bottles. Delivery man brings into kitchen. Says on the bottle that it is purified by filtration, reverse osmosis, ultraviolet light and ozoniation. Phone # is 038 226062 - 3. I had to pay B250 deposit for each bottle, refundable when I close the account

Don't panic. The standard 20 liter bottles @ 10 bath each serves 99% of the population without problems. You're more likely to get run over by a car or get dengue/malaria from a mosquito than get problems from this cheap and plentiful water.

Yeah but it tatses like crap.. The orginal poster was looking for quality rather than filtered tap water.

Mountain Spring 038367106 45baht a bottle and it actually tatses good, deliver as ofteen as you want.

One of the drivers recently left Mountain Spring and went to Amtech, without telling us he switched our 5 bottles and started delivering his water, I could tell at the first mouth full something had changed, as soon as I noticed the bottles I called Amtech and told them to bring my mountain spring ones back.

Shesh, it's just water. I've used it for years, never had any problems with it, but each to his.

I bet those "mountain spring reverse osmosis ultraviolet ozonated blah blah blah" companies are laughting all the way to the bank

:o

Edited by Phil Conners

40 Baht for water, 280 baht deposit for plastic container:

Sealed quality water.

:D

what a business ...

here it's 12 baht and 80baht deposit :D

but i prefer the 6LIT minere from tesco for 36baht :o

arrroy...

the "other" only for coffee ... :D

Pure water has NO taste. What taste do you like?

Mineral water has a distinct mineral taste which I personally don't like. Highly filtered tap water has a cleaner (no taste) taste.

I've been having AMTECH deliver their 18.9L bottles of water for almost 4-years.

I use it for drinking water (coffee, etc.)...and use tap water for cooking. I keep 3-bottles on-hand, which lasts me nearly a month, and phone for delivery when they are emptied. The deposit of the plastic bottles cost me 150-Bt/ea...maybe they have since increased price the refundable bottle deposit.

I was originally told about AMTECH by a friend who was using them. He previously got his water from the source that uses the opaque white plastic bottles. One day he went to their factory and saw how poorly they clean the bottles. He switched to AMTECH...good water and clear plastic bottles...

Long ago I decided not to use the small bottled water at home, which is available in various brands, at all the markets. There have been many studies testing the quality of water in small bottles, and all have concluded that they are no better than many tap waters. This is due to the water sitting in warehouse and later the shelf for a long period of time, allowing possible bacteria growth. Why do you think "Evian' water is 'naive' spelled backwards ?

Edited by LukDod

There have been many studies testing the quality of water in small bottles, and all have concluded that they are no better than many tap waters. This is due to the water sitting in warehouse and later the shelf for a long period of time, allowing possible bacteria growth. Why do you think "Evian' water is 'naive' spelled backwards ?

:D :D

MINERALWATER is really water what comes from the ground... (like minere, io...)

and the 5baht bottle or other "brands" or the 20 lit ... are DRINKINGWATER

this is DEAD water (maybe from your toilet) and they clean it and clean it and clean it... :D

SAME SAME BUT different !!!

There have been many studies testing the quality of water in small bottles, and all have concluded that they are no better than many tap waters. This is due to the water sitting in warehouse and later the shelf for a long period of time, allowing possible bacteria growth. Why do you think "Evian' water is 'naive' spelled backwards ?

this is DEAD water (maybe from your toilet) and they clean it and clean it and clean it... :D

in some home or a factory...

buy a filter and use it for your homewater... is SAME (cheaper)

What sort of a water filter do you use?

The only safe way, to make water safe to drink is by distillation.

As they say: 'You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'.

why don't you use the free delevery service carrefour have. pay your nestle or what ever, in the shop, and the send it to your door, together with all the other think you pick up, a good advise will be to take all the cool thinks whit you, as it normaly take 2 to 6 houres to send to your home,

• 1 month later...

OK, I would like water delivery. However, I have called the various numbers in this thread with various failed results. No answer, no English, phone number no longer exists, not a water store, hanging up on me, etc. How can I deal with a company that I can't call? So, any good water delivery sources with a CURRENT phone number that actually works (and preferably some English speaking available)? Thanks!

Edited by Jingthing

• 8 months later...

I use Minere in the 1.5L in the fridge, 0.6L in the fridge and 6L for the kettle / cooking / baby's bottles etc.

I looked at getting a large dispenser but you have to keep cleaning it and I reckon the whole thing is more hassle than it is worth. I get 6L for 36 baht and 6*1.5L or 12*0.6L for about 50 baht. We probably go through about 6L a day (3 adults and 1 baby on the bottle).

I use Minere in the 1.5L in the fridge, 0.6L in the fridge and 6L for the kettle / cooking / baby's bottles etc.

I looked at getting a large dispenser but you have to keep cleaning it and I reckon the whole thing is more hassle than it is worth. I get 6L for 36 baht and 6*1.5L or 12*0.6L for about 50 baht. We probably go through about 6L a day (3 adults and 1 baby on the bottle).

Mmm this post is useful - just checked what we buy - 6 litres of Nestle Pure Life Drinking Water. We buy in bulk about 10 BIG 6 litre bottles at a time (26bt each from Tesco Lotus, Rama 3, Bangkok).

I presumed that this was NOT treated by Reverse Osmosis?? Can anyone clue me in? Clarify? I thought we were buyinmg Mineral Water... Maybe I am wrong?

Ah ok, txs Torrenova. I just wondered though what exactly is Drinking Water here in Thailand....? Is it reverse osmosis treated water or more like mineral water?

Personally I would prefer not to drink the reverse osmosis treated water. (each to their own and all that :o ) I was presuming that Drinking Water is not this....??? Anybody care to elaborate ? Cheers!