Lifan Dealers and Service in Chiang Mai

JimShortz

Does anyone have current information about the location of Lifan dealers, or places providing spares/service, in Chiang Mai?

Any up to date information much appreciated, thank you :smile:

Also, unsolicited comments on how awful all Chinese bikes are will be very welcome - especially from those with no direct knowledge of the current state of Lifan bikes, but spewing the same old secondhand ill-informed messages...  Cheers!   :-)

So, went down Chareon Muang (train station road) today and it seems that the Lifan dealer is no longer there... at least from what I could see (many stores are still closed for Songkran)

Thanks canthai55, for your advice, I did at least find a Chinese bike dealer around where you said - actually it is immediately before the BigC Extra. From their sign they appear to deal in lots of brands of Chinese bikes, apart from Lifan, but since they are still closed from Songkran I couldn't go in and ask. Picture attached for reference for anyone looking for this place.

20170417_165441.jpg

JimShortz , the shop you photographed doesnt sell Lifan , as you susspected. The Lifan dealer was near the train station but has had his right to sell withdrawn   * ( if ever you went in there you would know why ).  By chance i found the new Lifan dealer. Her name is Goong. 091-858 1802. Speaks perfect English. Really has a good business head on her sholders. The shop ( she has 3 ) is on the North bound side of the 108 near the Big C / Macro area. Outside is often a bike or quad on a raised platform. She sells Zongshem Ryuka , Infinity , Cub and "Pit" type bikes , Lion quads and some electric scooters. And Lifan , both the X-cross and theX-plore for about 47-49K.  If she remembers me i popped in on my orange off road Platium and we discussed the different gearchange patterns  on the Lifan bikes. I said the main probem with "this type"of bike i, s the dealers poor service and slow spares supply.  She explained her plans , and shes determined to offer a top level service , not sell - out the door - not my problem attitude of some dealers.   See *  .         I have no links with this shop but would have no hesitation on being a future customer.

3 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

JimShortz , the shop you photographed doesnt sell Lifan , as you susspected. The Lifan dealer was near the train station but has had his right to sell withdrawn   * ( if ever you went in there you would know why ).  By chance i found the new Lifan dealer. Her name is Goong. 091-858 1802. Speaks perfect English. Really has a good business head on her sholders. The shop ( she has 3 ) is on the North bound side of the 108 near the Big C / Macro area. Outside is often a bike or quad on a raised platform. She sells Zongshem Ryuka , Infinity , Cub and "Pit" type bikes , Lion quads and some electric scooters. And Lifan , both the X-cross and theX-plore for about 47-49K.  If she remembers me i popped in on my orange off road Platium and we discussed the different gearchange patterns  on the Lifan bikes. I said the main probem with "this type"of bike i, s the dealers poor service and slow spares supply.  She explained her plans , and shes determined to offer a top level service , not sell - out the door - not my problem attitude of some dealers.   See *  .         I have no links with this shop but would have no hesitation on being a future customer.

You are an absolute star Jeff. Just what I was looking for. Thank you kind sir!  ?

Your welcome Jim .   Do you want a new bike , or spares / service. Let us know your impressions of the shop. This will help others , in knowig where to go. If you are able to show the shops co-ordinates on Google , even better. The lady has 3 shops , but i dont know where the other 2 are.

Jeff, I've bought  4 year old Lifan X-plore. Just got the motard wheels in at Burning shop to have them re-laced with 18 and 21" aluminium trail rims and tyres - ready to go play on the trails. I need nothing right now, but trying to work out where to go for future parts. When I get chance I will go to where you describe then share coordinates etc. here. Cheers!   :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I now know that there are 3 Lifan shops, all part of the same group, in Chiang Mai. One on Changklan road, one out Maerim way, and the only one I have visited, just opposite Kad Farang, on the way to Hangdong. They seem to be very nice people, and apparently have spares at the Maerim branch, but not the things I have asked for. They can get anything inside a week though. You can find their page on on Facebook by searching for "firsthandmotor": https://www.facebook.com/firsthandmotor/

The main Lifan reseller in Thailand is in Rayong. They are happy to post stuff up here to Chiang Mai. That only takes a few days, and is, I guess, where the Chiang mai branches are getting spares from. If they can't be bothered to keep spares I am going to order from Rayong myself and have it posted straight to me - no messing around. You can call them on: 0863440320

I have ridden bikes since my 16 birthday, now well over 50 years.

I have a Thai guy maintain my bikes for the 16 years I have been in CM.

He is well respected in Thai biker circles.

He will not have any Chinese made bikes in his garage.

Copies of Honda made of poor quality materials, was his polite explanation.

You all probably heard him laughing when I mentioned I liked the look of a 300cc Benelli sports.

He almost threw me out of his shop.

john

2 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I have ridden bikes since my 16 birthday, now well over 50 years.

I have a Thai guy maintain my bikes for the 16 years I have been in CM.

He is well respected in Thai biker circles.

He will not have any Chinese made bikes in his garage.

Copies of Honda made of poor quality materials, was his polite explanation.

You all probably heard him laughing when I mentioned I liked the look of a 300cc Benelli sports.

He almost threw me out of his shop.

john

And I think he was right about all of them a few short years ago, and about many of them now, BUT times they are a changing; and opinions are always slow to follow... Sure, they are not of top Japanese quality, but some are now not so far away, and great value for money. I've only been riding for 31 years (since my 16th birthday), so don't have your wealth of experience, but I have a fair idea what I am looking at.

My four year old Lifan X-plore 200cc is much like a mid 1980's Honda trail bike - but I quite liked them back then, and they were pretty good. Sure they needed a little more maintenance than current Japanese bikes, as does the Lifan, but if you like to tinker and ride, don't mind a bit of preventative maintenance - taking apart and greasing, etc. they are a lot of fun.  Even 7 or 8 years ago the plastics were rubbish and the electrics/switches failed a lot - none of that applies to my 4 year old Lifan; and the engines apparently go on forever - 80,000km plus is common if well maintained. Even if it blows, a whole new engine is 10,000 Baht!

Each to there own, but I am loving my little Lifan - and it sure does pull well up the hills!

Okay guys... where in the name of Sam Hill can I get accessories for my Lifan Cross 200. No not the engine parts... but the fun stuff like Skid Plate, Paniers, Light kits etc. I have tried my local dealer here in Mae Sot, Tak and get that blank stare I am getting used to after 5 years here. I have tried contacting Lifan in BKK and again nothing... well they never respond to my emails and when I try and call... no one is "Available".

So short of getting things fabricated and/or going to Honda (which the Lifan Club suggests) and then having to get the parts adjusted to fit... something I have not tried as of yet... I am at a total loss as to what to do.

Maybe someone here can help me out? 

If a make and model of bike is popular, many suppliers will step up and offer accessories. Think KLX and CRF. For the more obscure models, they can be hard to find. Your options - buy for another model and modify, or build from scratch. As you have found yourself.