RC to raise electricity cost

webfact

RC to raise electricity cost

PNSOC600417001004601.jpg

BANGKOK, 17th April 2017 (NNT)-The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) is set to increase the fuel tariff (FT) on electricity bills. 

ERC Spokesperson Weerapol Jirapraditkul revealed today that the new FT charge will be applied to electricity bills between May and August. The current FT charge, which has been in force since January, is set at -37.29 satang per unit. 

Weerapol added the decision to increase the charge was triggered by the rising price of natural gas which is used in the production of electricity. Meanwhile, the new FT charge is currently being calculated and is expected to be revealed in the near future. 

The ERC spokesperson added FT charges for the rest of the year are also likely to increase further as the price of natural gas is on an upward trend.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-17

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

How will we ever manage?

Cost of electric going up, just got last months bill, that was bad enough   531 BAHT.:cheesy:

About the same for me. The a/c technician was just here and stated it was a waste of time that the unit was not dirty. Hurt my feelings he did.

We have 1 aircon (not used a lot)

Cctv, fridge , freezer, kettle, microwave, electric gate, 1 light on all night, incubator, 3 computers, my electric bed, charging my mobility scooter and 4 fans.

Electric most months around 500/550 baht.

Edited by colinneil

Ours runs about 10000/month now. Three units running every night and one or two daytime. Last time I rationalized the bill it came to about $0.14/kwhr. In Houston I've got an 18 month contract for $0.085. I guess energy sees higher taxes here?  I know the electric authority are the people my mother-in-law loves to hate. 

Where are they buying the natural gas from? If it's Australia, then all the energy suppliers there are in a funk about the extremely low prices. Can't be exchange rate as the Baht is doing well against the AUD and even if the contracts are in USD, its holding its own there as well.

12 minutes ago, tuktuktuk said:

Ours runs about 10000/month now. Three units running every night and one or two daytime. Last time I rationalized the bill it came to about $0.14/kwhr. In Houston I've got an 18 month contract for $0.085. I guess energy sees higher taxes here?  I know the electric authority are the people my mother-in-law loves to hate. 

In a country that could make a real go of solar and battery storage, although one shudders at the prospect of what might go wrong ( even if the vested interests opposed to solar could be sidelined).

16 minutes ago, colinneil said:

We have 1 aircon (not used a lot)

Cctv, fridge , freezer, kettle, microwave, electric gate, 1 light on all night, incubator, 3 computers, my electric bed, charging my mobility scooter and 4 fans.

Electric most months around 500/550 baht.

I never get that low even when away for the whole month, just leaving the fridge on. Can't ever get it under about 700. 

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

I never get that low even when away for the whole month, just leaving the fridge on. Can't ever get it under about 700. 

Come here and i will show you how it is done.

When we first married electric bills were 1000 baht plus.

I soon put a stop to that, i used to follow my wife around turning off lights/fans/kettle etc.

Now i have her well trained, not in a room light off, not using the fan off.

Did you know my midde name is Ebeneezer.   :cheesy:

Not understanding that number in context. "Per unit" is kWh, yes? Currently seems like the highest tariff is 3.9361/KWh (for 400+ kWh/month). Source: http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=utility_costs

Hardly makes sense that "The current FT charge, which has been in force since January, is set at -37.29 satang per unit" - that's almost a 1000% increase. Can anybody explain so even I can understand please?

54 minutes ago, janhkt said:

Not understanding that number in context. "Per unit" is kWh, yes? Currently seems like the highest tariff is 3.9361/KWh (for 400+ kWh/month). Source: http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=utility_costs

Hardly makes sense that "The current FT charge, which has been in force since January, is set at -37.29 satang per unit" - that's almost a 1000% increase. Can anybody explain so even I can understand please?

Got my bill today.  FT rate shown as -0.3729

Edited by 55Jay

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

In a country that could make a real go of solar and battery storage, although one shudders at the prospect of what might go wrong ( even if the vested interests opposed to solar could be sidelined).

Contrary to popular belief the (sub)tropics are not a good region for solar power. Panels don't perform very well if they get hot, so cooling would be necessary - loosing valuable power.

Temperate climates fare much better with solar.

1 hour ago, janhkt said:

The average bill for our house is around 3,300 baht. This month it worked out to about 4.11 baht per kilowatt, tax and fuel surcharge included.

Two or three years ago, the fuel surcharge was 20 to 30 satang, making the total cost as high as 4.80 baht per kilowatt. More than a year ago, the surcharge went negative. Now they announce it will rise, but may still be below zero.  

Edited by mahjongguy

If you change ALL your lights to LED you'll save a lot on electricity, invest in attic insulation and you'll save even more. We have a 3 bed 2 bath house with all the usual devices inside, plus we have large gardens that need two water pumps to drive the watering system. Despite all that we're well insulated and our electricity bills are rarely over 800 baht a month - aircon gets used at night for around ten weeks per year when the bill increases to about 1,400 baht month.

4 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

Less than 5 THB per unit is very good!

a/c takes 70% of the electrical energy in a typical villa 

3 hours ago, janhkt said:

The cost per unit remains fixed over fairly long periods. The FT changes more frequently. Currently it is negative 0.3727 THB

you also have a service charge and VAT.

Rates available online at PEA website