China-Korea row spurs Thai tourism growth

webfact

China-Korea row spurs Thai tourism growth

BANGKOK: -- The Thai tourism industry has been given a boost due to tensions between China and South Korea. 

Thai Hotels Association (THA) president Supawan Tanomkieatipume said on Monday that Thailand is expected to receive additional 100,000 Chinese visitors during the low season, between April and July, following an unofficial ban on Chinese tour groups to South Korea. Ms Supawan said about 300,000 to 400,000 Chinese tourists visited Thailand during the previous low seasons. 

She said the association has told Thai hotel operators to closely follow the issue between China and South Korea and to be prepared for the potential influx of Chinese tourists. 

The THA president said Japan is the main competitor as it is closer to China than Thailand, adding that Japan shares more similarities with South Korea. 

"The overall picture of Thailand's tourism remains bright, after the zero-dollar-tour crackdown. More Chinese travellers are coming to Thailand by booking online or via tour agencies," Ms Supawan said.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-18

Geez I bet Thailand cant wait for Nth Korea and the U.S to really get it on, tourism is going to explode.  Everytime there is an issue somewhere in the world terrorism etc Thailands tourism numbers go up.

Edited by Thechook

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Would that be the same tour groups that were banned from coming here adding to the tourism downturn?

After Thailand added up the numbers the red light has turned green and all is forgiven. Ya all come. Thailand is really good at one thing exploiting financial tourist opportunities well not exploiting sensing them at best.

Geez I bet Thailand cant wait for Nth Korea and the U.S to really get it on, tourism is going to explode.  Everytime there is an issue somewhere in the world terrorism etc Thailands tourism numbers go up.

I agree
They should start wars more often then increase prices for all Farangs since we love getting had over its our birthright!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope tt China gets the NK leader to come to China for a long long vacation like for the rest of  Fat Boys life.

Let NK know that it needs to look for new leadership that is not of Fat boys family,  and end this problem of

North Korea.

Geezer

18 hours ago, Thechook said:

Does Thailand have any room left. Everyday another announcement of an 'expected' tourist boost  but when the missiles start firing, the planes will stop flying. I suppose they can arrive on a fleet of illegal fishing vessels.. or maybe jetskis.