Registered sole proprietorship

I have decided it would be best to just to make everything under my Thai partners name.   No shareholders will be involved. 

She will be setting up a website selling day tours, shows, and boat charters. 

She has already received a quote from a lawyer saying this can all be done for about 45K including the TAT licence. 

If she were to set up the registered sole proprietorship herself, without the lawyer, does anyone know how much this would cost?

Isn't the bond for the TAT licence different depending on what type of business is being performed? 

I've read somewhere if there is a website presence the minimum cost of the licence will be 100K?  

If your company will just handle domestic travel within Thailand, the bond amount is 50,000 baht. There is also a license fee of 300 baht

If your company will handle inbound international travel, the bond amount rises to 100,000 baht.  There is also a license fee of 500 baht.

If your company will handle outbound international travel, the bond amount rises to 200,000 baht.  There is also a license fee of 500 baht.

You deposit only one bond amount – whichever is the highest amount that applies to any of your company’s activities.

You do realize that a  Thai sole proprietorship cannot sponsor a foreigner for a work permit - right?

11 hours ago, maisodni said:

You do realize that a  Thai sole proprietorship cannot sponsor a foreigner for a work permit - right?

Yes I know a Thai sole proprietorship cannot sponsor a work permit. Would you happen to know how much it costs if she were to set it up herself excluding the TAT?   

If she were to set up the registered sole proprietorship herself, without the lawyer, does anyone know how much this would cost?

The last time my ex did it, the cost was 50 baht at the local Tessabahn office.

As to not being able to sponsor a foreigner WP, that is solely down to the decision of your local Labour office.  A sole proprietorship can legally employ a foreigner (in a qualifying role).  But your local Labour office might disagree...

16 hours ago, simon43 said:

As to not being able to sponsor a foreigner WP, that is solely down to the decision of your local Labour office.   But your local Labour office might disagree...

Thanks Simon43,

That is really cheap considering I was quoted 15K from a local accountant. 

I was told she needed to go to the Ministry of Commerce to register the business, is this done after it is registered with the local Tessabahn? 

On 4/21/2017 at 8:35 PM, simon43 said:

As to not being able to sponsor a foreigner WP, that is solely down to the decision of your local Labour office.  A sole proprietorship can legally employ a foreigner (in a qualifying role).  But your local Labour office might disagree...

As of about 2012 (?), Labor Department changed the rules, and a business without registered share capital cannot sponsor a work permit.  Period.  A sole propreitoship has no registered capital.

A sole proprietorship can sponsor labor-type employment for migrant workers (from Laos, Cambodia, or Myanmar), but not for "normal" foreigners.

Foreigners who themselves had a work permit as THE sole proprietor, from the "old days" (as far as I know, they were all Americans, with Amity Treaty registrations), were "grandfathered in" - but no new such registrations have been issued for a least ten years.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:35 PM, simon43 said:

I did not get any reply so I will update everyone on the procedure tomorrow once its "hopefully" completed.

Another question I had is when registering the sole proprietorship, will my partner need to register the name of the proprietorship with the same name as the website, or can she use a different name? I'm trying to help her fill in some of the forms printed off the DBD site this evening, but we are both a bit confused on what the registered name needs to be. 

Here is the form I'm dealing with now.  

http://www.dbd.go.th/download/downloads/01_tp/form_tp.pdf 

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...