In what ways would Thailand be affected economically if World War 3 starts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Anything negative to say??

The OP question was, " In what ways would Thailand be affected economically if World War 3 starts?" I was being honest, and forthright, tell me it ain't so? To quote a famous American,  "We hold these truths to be self evident." NYSE gone, Chicago Mercantile gone, Worlds financial capital (London) gone, Moscow gone, etc.etc. Of course it's negative.

You want some good news, well, when confronted and fully understanding this potential for Mutually assured destruction, we can perhaps take a look around us and appreciate what we have 'today,' I think for most of us it's as close to paradise as we'll ever get. For me, I have a great family, far flung, yes, but they're all great people... I live well, nice condo, all I can eat, sometimes dodgy health, travel around the world, my Thai neighbours are great, I'm not thinking of jumping from the balcony, and I do it all on very little money... Go figure, so there's your positive. I can proudly say, "This, I/we will defend" 

lol if ww3 was to really break out then the last thing any of us connected to Thailand would be interested in is Thai economics. We'd all be doing whatever was possible to fly back to our own countries ASAP leaving behind whatever was there

31 minutes ago, Chivas said:

lol if ww3 was to really break out then the last thing any of us connected to Thailand would be interested in is Thai economics. We'd all be doing whatever was possible to fly back to our own countries ASAP leaving behind whatever was there

".....fly back to our own countries ASAP?"  Well if my home country was being bombed to smithereens, I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to head home. 

On 4/24/2017 at 6:23 AM, F4UCorsair said:

This graph suggests otherwise, with 6/7 years above 3%, and three of those above 4%.  Of course, the GFC impacted heavily, but when you look at the Dow, it was 14,000 pre GFC, and is 21,000 now, there is some growth in there.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

Many countries would be happy with anything above 2%

Yes but there has only been a growth in DEBT not productivity

9 hours ago, midas said:

Yes but there has only been a growth in DEBT not productivity

The link says "gdp-growth"!!   See the link for the definition of GDP.....please.    "P" for "product" (all the goods and services produced within the country's borders).   If product has increased, productivity has increased.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gdp.asp

Not worth engaging.

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 4/27/2017 at 4:57 AM, F4UCorsair said:

The link says "gdp-growth"!!   See the link for the definition of GDP.....please.    "P" for "product" (all the goods and services produced within the country's borders).   If product has increased, productivity has increased.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gdp.asp

Not worth engaging.

" The link says "gdp-growth"!!   "

Lipstick on a pig...................

America’s future is bleak: While US economic growth has practically halted and productivity is shrinking, DEBT CONSUMPTION is up. Way up.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/americas-future-is-bleak-while-us-economic-growth-has-practically-halted-and-productivity-is-shrinking-debt-consumption-is-up-way-up/

3 hours ago, midas said:

" The link says "gdp-growth"!!   "

Lipstick on a pig...................

America’s future is bleak: While US economic growth has practically halted and productivity is shrinking, DEBT CONSUMPTION is up. Way up.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/americas-future-is-bleak-while-us-economic-growth-has-practically-halted-and-productivity-is-shrinking-debt-consumption-is-up-way-up/

Productivity is NOT shrinking.  If the value of all goods and services (GDP) produced in a country is increasing, productivity is increasing.

Debt is another issue.

Never mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 4:08 PM, fletchsmile said:

Economic impact would be low down on my list of priorities.

What could be highly amusing though is nuclear fallout rendering people's stashes of gold radioactive so that no-one wants to take it off you LOL

Similarly tin foil hats and cans of baked beans may not be all they're cracked up to be

I disagree! Cans of baked beans could become very valuable

Anonymous warns world to ‘prepare’ for World War 3

http://nypost.com/2017/05/08/anonymous-warns-world-to-prepare-for-world-war-3/

• 3 months later...

Bumping this up.

How far is LOS from NK? Would there be economic or / and radioactivity effects? Serious question.

I realise that a real WW3 might be total. What I am asking you boffins is what if bombing is more local/SE Asia.

Or is it all wind and bluster anyway?? Votes??

18 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Bumping this up.

How far is LOS from NK? Would there be economic or / and radioactivity effects? Serious question.

I realise that a real WW3 might be total. What I am asking you boffins is what if bombing is more local/SE Asia.

Or is it all wind and bluster anyway?? Votes??

India is not far............... and  now we have 2 more nuclear powers in dispute.................

India Deploys More Troops Along China Border, Raises "Caution" Level

With the world obsessing over every increasingly childish outburst in the daily back and forth between Trump and Kim Jong-Un, another conflict which has so far gone largely unnoticed by the global media continues to grow on the border between India and China.

As reported yesterday, in the most recent escalation between the two nuclear powers, the Indian Army ordered the evacuation of a village close to the Doklam India-Bhutan-China tri-junction amid to a standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers. This takes place just days after China turned the war threat amplifier up to '11' by threatening India (in an article published a Chinese state-controlled newspaper) that it could conduct a "small-scale military operation" to expel Indian troops from a contested region in the Himalayas.

https://journal-neo.org/2017/08/08/china-india-confrontation-on-the-doklam-plateau-continues/

Actually I believe we've been in an extended period of worldwide calm with an exception being in the Middle East... Seems only par for the course that we should fairly soon see one or many of the current threats come to fruition, the scary thing is that this time multiple players have nuclear weapons, charmingly they're called strategic nuclear devices, and Governments appear more willing everyday to use them.