Two arrested for dragging woman behind motorbike during botched robbery attempt

snoop1130

Two arrested for dragging woman behind motorbike during botched robbery attempt

Suchat Hankij

1_201742015042820_fZDlnZLAIBNAJaoMjocuBFGLzhWtPRUvqYgdxsdG_jpeg.jpeg

SAMUI:-- Two motorcyclists who dragged a woman behind their motorbike while attempting to steal her bag at Chaweng Beach in Koh Samui last week were arrested early yesterday morning.

The CCTV footage of the incident, which featured Kanitta Krawwer, 32, being dragged by her bag’s shoulder strap as the two men attempted to steal it from around her neck, went viral on social media and amassed thousands of comments and shares.

“Suspects Sarayu Kongkaew, 31, and Thana Roongroj, 28, were both apprehended and their motorbike confiscated at about 3am,” Col Taywes Pleumsoot of Bo Phut Police told Phuket Gazette reporters.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Video-Two-arrested-dragging-woman-behind-motorbike/66489?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-4-20

Make the punishment fit the crime. Put a bag with a big strap around their neck and give em a 1 block tug. Punishment has to become more ingrained than merely fines and jail time. Let them pick the stones out of their worthless carcasses. 

Great cautionary tale:  Unless you have something in your bag worth a trip to the hospital (or the morgue), better to just let it go- which is pretty much impossible if you have it draped over your neck to foil thieves.

In Macau had a guy on the back of a scooter try to hook my camera strap with a short umbrella we both hung on.  I weigh 115k  he weighed about 45k.  he came of the back and was pretty badly hurt. I and those around found it all amusing and the cops took him away when he finally came around.  But as said above - really the best thing is let go.  I was covered by insurance but hung on by instinct.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, Mousehound said:

In Macau had a guy on the back of a scooter try to hook my camera strap with a short umbrella we both hung on.  I weigh 115k  he weighed about 45k.  he came of the back and was pretty badly hurt. I and those around found it all amusing and the cops took him away when he finally came around.  But as said above - really the best thing is let go.  I was covered by insurance but hung on by instinct.

Sounds like Jackanory .................. But you can post the police report to prove me wrong. By the way this is a Samui forum not Macau ;-).

To be honest I really get annoyed at the amount of muppets that post on Samui forums that have no connection here whatsoever.

Rant over!

On 4/21/2017 at 10:07 AM, elgordo38 said:

Make the punishment fit the crime. Put a bag with a big strap around their neck and give em a 1 block tug. Punishment has to become more ingrained than merely fines and jail time. Let them pick the stones out of their worthless carcasses. 

I agree. No jail time needed. Just strap them behind a motorbike and wipe the main street with them. 

They will never do it again guaranteed.