Samui Airport officials discuss noise pollution solution

snoop1130

Samui Airport officials discuss noise pollution solution

Suchat Hankij

1_2017420171045175_gbhXQELsVnHObCuXFORxOHQBCrsNRyzyZgVplhiG_jpeg.jpeg

SAMUI:-- Bangkok Airways higher-ups and government officials discussed yesterday the environmental impact of Samui Airport’s ever-increasing air traffic.

A vice president of the airline, Narongchai Tanadchangsaeng, and his team met at the Samui Palm Beach Resort, during which Rangsan Tongyad, deputy chief administrator of Samui municipality, explained that he will work together with airport staff to figure out a solution.

“Many locals and I myself have houses situated near the airport and are very much disturbed by the noise. The number of flights has increased from 36 to 50 a day,” said Mr Rangsan.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samui-Airport-officials-discuss-noise-pollution-solution/66493?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-4-20

This seems to be a world wide problem. People that buy near an airport should be ready for

the noise.  In Calgary the new twin runway of the Internatonal airport was recently opened, and now

about 9 people have called the complaint line thousands of times to complain of the noise,  the idiots  did

not check their location before buying their houses. The sellers also were shady showing the houses when the

busy flight times were not in effect.  Buyer Beware.

Geezer

2 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

and some want a second airport on Samui, guess that would make stereo sound for those in between..

I don't think it is a second airport people want Jimmy, it is cheaper direct flights. Still, some progress has been made with the residents discount.

I wish somebody would care about the bloody noise from all the motorbikes with 'enhanced exhausts', they are about as loud as a truck and very frequent now.  Try having a discussion somewhere in Nathon when the schoolboys are loose!

:sorry: Off topic, I know,  but I couldn't care less for people who bought a villa close to the airport, they knew what's coming!