Get only Non-B without Work Permit

Hello! 

I live in Thailand for a long time with mostly 30-day entry stamps + 3 month visas from time to time.

I would like to apply for visas to foreign countries from Thailand instead of going all the way back home.

I've heard that I need a more "permanent" status, like a Non-B visa.

I was wondering - is it possible legally to open a company (or join an existing one as a shareholder) and get a Non-B visa - without the need of getting a Work Permit?

My reasoning is that a business owner (shareholder) doesn't have to work - you have the director and staff for that. So this way I don't see the actual need for a Work Permit.

Am I right/wrong?

• Like 1

The most you could get would be a multiple entry non-b visa but without a work permit you will not be able to get one within the region.

You would likely have to apply for it in your home country and even then it will not be easy to get. Most embassies and consulates will not do one now unless you are working with a company located there with proof of business contacts here.

• Like 1

There is a huge amount of paperwork that the employer has to provide for you to submit to the embassy, in order to get a NON IMM B, the work permit follows this process, once you already have the visa. So the answer is almost certainly................no.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 8:29 PM, Jeremy50 said:

There is a huge amount of paperwork that the employer has to provide for you to submit to the embassy, in order to get a NON IMM B, the work permit follows this process, once you already have the visa. So the answer is almost certainly................no.

Documents are not difficult to print with a computer and a printer :-)

• Haha 1