Renew Retirement Visa without Passbook

Can anyone tell me is it possible to renew the retirement visa with a savings account that doesn't have a passbook like an internet based account.

I thought maybe you could show the account statement instead of a passbook together with the bank letter confirming the 800,000 baht.

If anyone knows of this is acceptable please let me know... Thank you 

Boy you really have no clue, do you?

First o all what you are talking about is a non O visa based on retirement, and there are 3 ways to get an extension of one year on that visa.

One is to have the required 800K Thai Baht in a Thai  bank account for a year, another is to have a monthly income of at least 65K Thai Baht which may be from a pension coming in from outside Thailand, and the 3rd is to have a  combination of Thai bank account and monthly income (as in number 2) equivalent to 800K annually.

with the proper funds this can be done each year and can be renewed each year  each year as long as the funds meet the requirement.

38 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Boy you really have no clue, do you?

First o all what you are talking about is a non O visa based on retirement, and there are 3 ways to get an extension of one year on that visa.

One is to have the required 800K Thai Baht in a Thai  bank account for a year, another is to have a monthly income of at least 65K Thai Baht which may be from a pension coming in from outside Thailand, and the 3rd is to have a  combination of Thai bank account and monthly income (as in number 2) equivalent to 800K annually.

with the proper funds this can be done each year and can be renewed each year  each year as long as the funds meet the requirement.

Actually there are some accounts/banks in Thailand which do not issue passbooks, so his question is valid.  Does anyone know the answer?

Edited by tazly
sp

I'm pretty certain that if the OP can get a signed stamped letter from the bank confirming his account balance on a given date, that will suffice.

I use passbooks AND a confirmation letter from the bank, simply because my funds are split into a series of time deposits and the books are only updated once a month when interest is paid and all the dates are difference - they cannot all be updated on request on a chosen date so it's effectively the same scenario as the OP in some ways.

9 hours ago, DaleBkk said:

I thought maybe you could show the account statement instead of a passbook together with the bank letter confirming the 800,000 baht.

If anyone knows of this is acceptable please let me know...  

They will accept a printed out statement for the account. When you go for the bank letter ask them to do the print out and they will stamp it to make it official.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaleBkk said:

IMA_FARANG

I know the rules and requirements for obtaining a retirement visa... you totally miss the point of my question

I am asking can you use a bank account that operates without a passbook and use a statement for documentation to replace the bank book.

I suggest if you don't know the answer be quiet and don't respond with unhelpful irrelevant posts.

I'm sorry Dale but if you knew " the rules " you would most certainly know there is no 

such thing as a retirement VISA, so the answer to your op is no you cannot renew a

retirement VISA with or without a passbook because there is no such thing.............

• Like 1