Yamaha dealers!

Badrabbit

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Don't know but certainly 2 of them which is important when they are the only 2!

Get there phone number and ring before going.

Get on to Yamaha head office and tell em which dealerships.

Get there phone number and ring before going. Get on to Yamaha head office and tell em which dealerships.

Should be used to this sort of thing by now but it does get very annoying!

Good advice, so annoying as I pass a Honda dealer on my way and it's always open for business at 8.30, Yamaha never open on time and obviously at the moment lack of staff!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Sorry don't know what happened Kawasaki, part of my post seems to be with yours!

No worries.

Do ring Yam head office in Thailand,  l rang Kawasaki head office when l had a problem and it did the trick. :thumbsup:

They just franchises that anyone can 'purchase' and then run as they see fit.

None of the staff actually get trained by Yamaha, Honda or anyone else.

It's simply a shop that paid up for a Honda/Yamaha sign and merchandise and uniforms.

The 'mechanics' will be grunts off the street that will work for minimum wage and 10% discount on a bike,  no proper training or qualifications and 60psi tire pressure and upside down oil filter as standard.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

They just franchises that anyone can 'purchase' and then run as they see fit.

None of the staff actually get trained by Yamaha, Honda or anyone else.

It's simply a shop that paid up for a Honda/Yamaha sign and merchandise and uniforms.

The 'mechanics' will be grunts off the street that will work for minimum wage and 10% discount on a bike,  no proper training or qualifications and 60psi tire pressure and upside down oil filter as standard.

same as everything here then?

Pretty much.

If posters think that some streetside Yamaha dealership has yamaha trained mechanics and staff, their head is still in the West. 

Just because Somchai has a dealership sign above his shop doesn't mean that anyone there has qualifications or training.

It just means one thing.

That at some point in the past, Somchai was able to buy the sign. 

No worries.
Do ring Yam head office in Thailand,  l rang Kawasaki head office when l had a problem and it did the trick. [emoji106]

A few yrs ago I wanted to test drive the Kawa Vulcan got a big "No have no can do" I emailed Kawasaki and they offered to send a bike from bangkok for the test drive, now that's excellent service!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

A few yrs ago I wanted to test drive the Kawa Vulcan got a big "No have no can do" I emailed Kawasaki and they offered to send a bike from bangkok for the test drive, now that's excellent service!

Yeah !!  l wanted a go on a Z1400 at CM just got a  :laugh: :biggrin:

Yamaha CM was OK for test rides on certain days.

Kawasaki head office obviously represents Kawasaki in Thailand so they can do.

The  ' no can '  l understand that from some of dealerships because there franchisers and are concerned if they allow it how many bikes would not maybe get trashed.

I don't let people ride my bike only the dealership guys because their cover by their own company insurance.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:09 AM, Kwasaki said:

Get there phone number and ring before going.

Get on to Yamaha head office and tell em which dealerships.

I would like to know where these proper dealerships are, I know my car says Toyota so i take it to Toyota ( can't mistake them with their big signed outlet )

Now from going through this forum & the web it is near impossible to find a proper Honda dealer in Korat except Big Wings  that just sounds like a joke from what i have read IE: Wont fix anything under a 3 / 400 which was only purchased there " quote " 

But saying that the other shops seem to be able to get genuine parts but what one would really be after is a fully liscensed / qualified Honda Mech. for a more in depth service

I went to the new Yamaha dealer at Nawamin to ask about the 2017 MT09 a few months back. I knew more about it than they did, they didn't even know it was getting an update and if it did, whether it would come to Thailand. Someone on another forum was told by Yamaha the new model wouldn't be coming to Thailand at all (I guess so they could sell off the old models).

Anyway, I guessed it would be released here so I gave them my contact details and asked them to call me when they had some information as I'd like to buy it. It was released at the Bangkok motor show about a month ago and I haven't heard a thing from them. If this is their service before they make the sale, I don't really fancy dealing with them after they have my money.  Of course, could be the individual I dealt with or that particular dealer, but it's not like there are loads of them around to choose from. Shame as their MT range is really nice.

57 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I would like to know where these proper dealerships are,

Now from going through this forum & the web it is near impossible to find a proper Honda dealer in Korat except Big Wings   IE: Wont fix anything under a 3 / 400 which was only purchased there " quote " 

But saying that the other shops seem to be able to get genuine parts but what one would really be after is a fully liscensed / qualified Honda Mech. for a more in depth service

You don't say what bike get onto Honda head office Bkk tell them what your problem is.

Understand your frustration but believe me things are better than they use to be,  over the years where l live I only got to know what & where can do whatever on bikes from asking around.

The way l have experienced things like said before dealerships like Big--Wing are franchisers, some offer good service some don't from feed back that l get..

There are Honda dealers that sell Waves, Zoom's etc that work on e.g. CBR150 & CBR250 just a case of finding by asking around your area.