Hello - Newbie Learning Thai

Chi Flyer

Hi - Newbie to the board, but have made about 20 trips to Thailand. I am older having recently retired and am considering moving to Thailand. As a starting point, I would like to become more conversant in Thai. I participate in a few other boards that are more "naughty"-centric than I hear this one is. I have been told that this is a better board for more serious topics.

I have downloaded several learning Thai courses to get started. I have a Thai GF (not a bar girl) who I can practice with. I have learned languages before (Spanish, Portuguese), but they were always Latin derived or greatly influenced by Latin. Thai, being a tonal language, is a completely different story.

I am a person that seems to benefit from instructor training. I will be in Jomtien for two months about 6 months from now and would like to book some serious sessions for formal courses. I am thinking about one hour a day for 6 weeks. I realize I would also need about 3 hours a day study time to go with the courses. Like I said Miss Tilac could help me practice, but she seems to affect my ability to concentrate. :)

Any recommendations for a teacher? Ugly women preferred on this one as I have a wandering mind. 

tia,

CF