AIS Serenade - pros and cons

Apparently I'm eligible for AIS Serenade Gold.  Should I sign up?  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Folks who are members: what are the advantages and drawbacks?

Here's what I've gathered online:

Benefits:

• Can sign up for mobile data packages with higher data limits (899/month for 24GB of data http://www.ais.co.th/serenade/th/how-to-be-serenade.aspx)
  • Free international roaming?  (I saw a TV post regarding this, not sure if it is true...if true, this would be worth it by itself)
  • Discount on AIS Fibre (699/month for 50/10 plan)
  • Access to Serenade Club (where you can do...what?  Hang out?)
  • 2 discount movie tickets per month at Major (vs 1 for non-Serenade)
  • Various other discounts

Drawbacks?

• Hidden membership fee?
  • More spam?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not seeing any membership fee or spam?

I like the discount on AIS Fiber, I get 100/10 for 899 (previously I had 50/10 for 699).

No clue what the "free international roaming" is? Seems like some sort of "1,500 THB fee" is waived? Not sure what that fee covers?

no cons at all. there are no hidden membership fees whatsoever. regarding spams, it will be less if ever because AIS WILL take good care of you being a Serenade Gold. never heard of free international roaming. i do know of free calls to AIS customer service while roaming. additional benefits you may no be aware of:

- one sticker for privileged vehicle parking at select malls (Central, Villa, etc)

- lounge at AIS branches for refreshments (instead of the general waiting area)

- specials on your birthday (free gift, unlimited internet, unlimited calls to AIS numbers) and birthday month (vouchers, etc)

- discounts at black canyon

- one free beverage per month at select black canyon airport branches (i often get mine at chiangmai domestic airport departure lounge)

- unlimited AIS wifi wherever there is coverage

- discounted fees for value added services

be a Serenade Gold member right away. it took me 10 years to be a Serenade member under the old membership enrollment scheme. AIS subscribers nowadays are extremely lucky to be Serenade members just for signing up for a few of their services.

Without the card, which they no longer issue, it's difficult to remember, never mind know, what benefits are on offer where. And they claim the criteria is a minimum average of 1,500 over so many months, yet seem unable to explain why they can drop it at a moment's notice, for a dip in the figures, despite the average over several months being at, or above, their minimum.

On 5/3/2017 at 1:18 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

Without the card, which they no longer issue, it's difficult to remember, never mind know, what benefits are on offer where

I received my "Serenade Gold" envelope, including a membership card, just a few weeks ago. 

I received my "Serenade Gold" envelope, including a membership card, just a few weeks ago. 

My wife always carries the card and at restaurants etc. she asks which cards are valid at that place. There are many promotions with different companies cards. Carry them all.

• 5 weeks later...