Aust embassey proof of income stat dec requirement

Hi....Can anybody enlighten me on the latest requirements in getting a stat dec from the Oz embassey for proof of income, as in proving you have this income as all my paper work is in Oz.

Also has anybody recently used a stat dec in Jomtien when renewing extention of stay.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buriramfelang said:

Hi....Can anybody enlighten me on the latest requirements in getting a stat dec from the Oz embassey for proof of income, as in proving you have this income as all my paper work is in Oz.

There have been recent reports that they are not asking for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been recent reports that they are not asking for it.

Thanks Ubonjoe, that was quick. I did read a conflicting report somewhere although these seem to be in the minority.

hopefully some one will have something on Jomtien.

thanks again.

27 minutes ago, cdaobliss said:

Which embassy? I usually go to the consulate in St Kilda Rd, Melbourne.

Which Consulate - Thai?

You need the stat dec from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok - there aren't any Australian Embassy/Consulates in Australia.

2 minutes ago, Buriramfelang said:

Confirming it was indeed Bangkok.

4 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Which Consulate - Thai?

You need the stat dec from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok - there aren't any Australian Embassy/Consulates in Australia.

Was on the wrong track. My mistake.

50 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Did you make an appointment.

Can't find any information on their website.

No appointment required.

getting through security at the front gate is fun(ha ha) then proceed inside to the counter and take a number.

i had a stat dec form already filled out,unsigned, which helped but that only saves five minutes.

• Like 1

No appointment required.
getting through security at the front gate is fun(ha ha) then proceed inside to the counter and take a number.
i had a stat dec form already filled out,unsigned, which helped but that only saves five minutes.

What was the fee? And did you list income on the stat dec in baht or in oz dollars. 

Does it matter? 

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, bigtrouble said:

And did you list income on the stat dec in baht or in oz dollars. 

The income needs to be in oz dollars. Immigration will convert it to baht on the date you apply for the extension.

Info about notarial services is here on embassy website. http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

The fee is $70. If paying in baht it will depend upon the rate the embassy is using when you do it.

interesting to note that the Australian Consulate in Phuket only notarise Stat Decs on a Tuesday, by appointment, and proof of funds is required.

If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa, you must provide proof of income such as a bank, superannuation fund or Centrelink statement.

http://phuket.consulate.gov.au/pket/Notarialservices.html

Edited by dentonian

17 minutes ago, dentonian said:

If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa, you must provide proof of income such as a bank, superannuation fund or Centrelink statement.

I think you will find that info is wrong if you contact them. The embassy had it on their website for a period of time and removed it after they changed their minds about  needing the proof.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you will find that info is wrong if you contact them. The embassy had it on their website for a period of time and removed it after they changed their minds about  needing the proof.

That's sounds about par for the course  :wacko:

Just in case anyone wants a copy of the Australian Embassy Stat Dec form.

It can be completed before arrival but must be signed in front of the Australian Embassy official.

Stat Dec Australia.pdf