Another Earthquake

Thaising

I myself was in LoN (Land of Nod) but my wife says she felt a tremor just after midnight - so I guess the earth did move, here in Mae-Jo.

Why do these quakes always happen at night ? Could it be a shiver - in reaction to the cold cold weather ?? :o

Anybody at mae rim feel the ground shaking an hour ago, look like another earthquake.

I was at a temple party thing last night and was having a really uncomfortable discussion with a Thai man about why I find it so difficult to answer the question "Who's better? Thai or Canadian people?" when his mobile phone started beeping. He looks at it and then says "oh, another earthquake in Maerim. 3.7 (or something like that)"

Has he got his phone connected to a seismograph? Is there an earthquake sms system set up in Chiang Mai? I was very confused, but apparently he gets sms messages every time there's an earthquake here. :o

So, yes, according to this particular remote earthquake sensor, there was indeed an earthquake last night.

Cheers,

TT

2.2 Richter scale quake occurs in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai - A small quake measured at 2.2 on the Richter scale happened in Chiang Mai late Sunday night, the provincial meteorological office reported.

The office said the quake happened at two minutes after midnight and its epicentre was located in the area bordering Mae Rim and Sunsai districts.

Sansanee Chaichianpin, a weather forecast official of the office, said the quake was small and no damages were reported.

Source: The Nation - 25 December 2006