SMEG dishwasher repair

My 4 year old SMEG dishwasher is kaput because of a hole in the water tank. Pen K the agents, are unable to help, they just want to sell me a new washer. Does anyone know if i can get it repaired in Koh Samui?

You sure it is a hole in the tank?  Normal cause of leak is rat eating plastic tubing in the pump or drain run and that a local repair person might be able to correct (even without access to parts or special knowledge).  Dishwashers seem to be a prime target for rats here - have lost several different brands to them.

Thanks for replies. I think the tank should be stainless, but not sure. SMEG has a feature for flood prevention which closes down the cycle if water leaks. Service man said it was activated by a hole in the tank, but could not repair.

Normal body is indeed SS and only holes should be for run to pump and drain.  Suspect the hole will be in the plastic tube below tub going to the pump and you may be able to gain access with bottom removed (some also have cover below door to remove).  You might want to take a look at some YouTube videos on DW repair as believe this is a common problem.  Suspect they are all about the same so even if not SMEG it may be helpful.

Archived