Help! What floor tile is this?

dinga

G'day

I've attached a photo of the 30 x 30cm floor tiles we bought in Rayong a couple of years ago (think the major markings on the reverse are "Made in Thailand" and "BIIa" - although the latter may be "BTTa", or similar).  I need to buy a small additional quantity (4 boxes) of these tiles but am struggling to do so.   

Can anyone recognise these tiles and let me know the (a) manufacturer; and/or (b) the model/brand/type?

Tks

Patio Tile.jpg

Have you been back to the original retailer, armed with that photo?

They may even have a record of your purchase (Boontavorn certainly keep on computer for several years).

It was worth a shot.

Do they have to be an exact match, or will similar do the trick? I've seen several variants on the theme at the big tile places (we're in Bangkok but Rayong must have similar places).

Prefer an exact match if possible.  Intended to look around some shops in Rayong today, but got beaten by the traffic and gave up at the Tapong intersection (traffic was especially bad today).   Oh well - there's always later in the week...

My experience has been that even if you find that exact tile from that exact manufacturer

unless you find exactly the same batch, the colors will be off slightly.

The batch number is usually printed on the boxes. When I buy tiles, I always check that they

come from the same batch, and buy a few boxes extra - just in case ...

rudi

21 hours ago, luudee said:

My experience has been that even if you find that exact tile from that exact manufacturer

unless you find exactly the same batch, the colors will be off slightly.

The batch number is usually printed on the boxes. When I buy tiles, I always check that they

come from the same batch, and buy a few boxes extra - just in case ...

rudi

Sage advice - which I also follow.  Problem this time, is the proposed extension was unforeseen and its extent surpasses the "extras" purchased a couple of years ago.

Good  news is

(1) have established my tiles were made by Cotto, and we've emailed them to see if they can supply a small additional quantity;

(2) Failing (1), ThaiWasadu has quite similar (a newer version) tiles that we'll use as a fall-back

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 4:45 PM, dinga said:

Sage advice - which I also follow.  Problem this time, is the proposed extension was unforeseen and its extent surpasses the "extras" purchased a couple of years ago.

Good  news is

(1) have established my tiles were made by Cotto, and we've emailed them to see if they can supply a small additional quantity;

(2) Failing (1), ThaiWasadu has quite similar (a newer version) tiles that we'll use as a fall-back

CORRECTION - these tiles were made by Campana, but no longer are (and there are no stocks remaining).  Oh well - it's Plan B (ThaiWasadu)  

Archived