1 yr ext. based on retirement. combo income method

About 220,000 should be safe but total combined has to equal 800k or more on date of application so it is exchange rate x 1400 x 12 plus enough to get to 800k.

Edited by lopburi3

Using Friday's exchange rate your monthly income would be 47,922 baht. That is a annual income of 575,064 baht which means you would need around 225,000 baht in the bank to reach the required total of 800,000 baht.

Another question .    My $1400 is verified by CD statements-very Ez to read.   My current bank balance is 200,000 baht , a bit short.      It looks like i will have to use an american  broker account @ TD Ameritrade  to up my monthly income.

Any reports of brokerage income not being accepted as those statements are not the easiest to read.........................

I had not checked exchange rate recently enough - so probably best to make it at least 240k just to be safe.  Been going down lately.

If you American you get letter from Embassy of your income that you state under oath - no paperwork required unless it were questioned and am sure immigration would accept such paperwork in such a case if you could explain.

Edited by lopburi3

8 minutes ago, cheechee said:

Another question .    My $1400 is verified by CD statements-very Ez to read.   My current bank balance is 200,000 baht , a bit short.      It looks like i will have to use an american  broker account @ TD Ameritrade  to up my monthly income.

Any reports of brokerage income not being accepted as those statements are not the easiest to read.........................

You will need to get a income affidavit from the US embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai. No proof on income is needed to get it.

Inof here on embassy website. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/  You will need to make an appointment to get it https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/acsappointment/

4 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I would guess they will want at least 600K for bank account with 200K to make the 800K Baht annual requirement  for a retirement visa,/extension.

There is no such requirement. It can be any amount of income and enough money in the bank to reach a total 800k baht,

I raised this query a few months ago as my monthly pension income is a bit less than the OP...I was advised that an embassy affidavit for the income and a 'top up' amount deposited in my thai bank to reach 800000 yearly should be accepted by immigration...

if the OP is going soon for his extension would be very interested to know how he got on...mine doesn't come up until Dec...

now the question is: how long for the top up amount to be in the bank for 'seasoning'? I have many previous retirement extensions based upon an income affidavit but would be the first time for the combo method...also does the top up amount need a bank letter like with the usual 800000 routine or would a bank book updated on the day of application suffice?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Using Friday's exchange rate your monthly income would be 47,922 baht. That is a annual income of 575,064 baht which means you would need around 225,000 baht in the bank to reach the required total of 800,000 baht.

How does it work with "seasoning" in this case?

The 225,000 baht must be seasoned for 2-3 months or it is not needed?

Thanks

31 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I raised this query a few months ago as my monthly pension income is a bit less than the OP...I was advised that an embassy affidavit for the income and a 'top up' amount deposited in my thai bank to reach 800000 yearly should be accepted by immigration...

if the OP is going soon for his extension would be very interested to know how he got on...mine doesn't come up until Dec...

now the question is: how long for the top up amount to be in the bank for 'seasoning'? I have many previous retirement extensions based upon an income affidavit but would be the first time for the combo method...also does the top up amount need a bank letter like with the usual 800000 routine or would a bank book updated on the day of application suffice?

Im going on Tuesday.   Sorry but i have no desire to be the guinea pig to see whats the line and what isnt.................lol.    Luckily i found more than enough verified income to put me over the top without the bank funds.

lop: that seems like a HUGE gap in their system; no way they could check and verify foreign sources that are not remitted; anyone could declare anything;

seems to run counter to the strict seasoning on the other primary options;

there was some chatter that thai  bank documents such as passbooks showing the nearly identical monthly deposits from the same sources, same approx monthy number dates can be required

Some chatter is just that - it could happen to a poster for one reason or another but not a general rule or experience by any means.  The idea is that you have access to funds to provide your support - not that live any specific spending pattern or lifestyle.  

22 hours ago, Tom9999 said:

Additional question:

Do you need to bring the declared Income into Thailand?

Or can it be received and remain on your Bank Account in Farangland?

The immigration office can ask for proof that at least some of the 65K is being transferred to Thailand. It is supposed to be the money funding your stay.