Pattaya taxis apologize for surrounding a female driver they suspected as Uber taxi driver

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Fact as stated. I don't spread nonsense here. I could relate the details of the incident but not really necessary. If you happen to catch a Bangkok taxi, try to be somewhat discreet or go through an insider.

I'm not too familiar with the legality of taxi services such as Uber or Grab.

I always use same private  Toyota Camry taxi(pattaya plate) for the last 6 years to go to Bkk or airport and back.

I am now a little concerned if this could happen to anyone some day.

Edited by pattayadude

4 hours ago, webfact said:

local officials considered the act of the Pattaya taxi drivers was inappropriate and was tantamount to take law into their own hands.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

no charge was made against either part by the police

So what is the law?

Seems that if police aren't present, no crime is committed by vigilante behavior.

I guess Prayut's "Twelve Values" aren't taught in the RTP.

However both sides reached a couple promise and no charge was made against either part by the police.

What on earth is a "couple promise"? Wedding vows?

Using my powers of translation honed by years of misappropriation of the English language by print media on this forum, I conclude that it should read "compromise".

45 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

I'm not too familiar with the legality of taxi services such as Uber or Grab.

I always use same private  Toyota Camry taxi(pattaya plate) for the last 6 years to go to Bkk or airport and back.

I am now a little concerned if this could happen to anyone some day.

The private services are in a different category. I dunno, but I imagine they are known to the taxi mafia and may even have a deal worked out.

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Complete b______ks! Almost akin to the soldiers pleading forgiveness of the mother of the soldier they beat to death. 

And a reported twenty drivers doesn't equate to a handful.

More like a platoon of hooligans masquerading as innocent law abiding taxi drivers.

2 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Hahaha. This destination is known for many losers foreigners (not all), sex industry run riot, corruption on a major scale, ladyboy thieves etc etc... 'Amazing Thailand'

Yeah, I wouldn't live anywhere else. Next.

Please don't tarnish Pattaya's pristine holiday image ... it's the jewel in Thailands crown and it's impeccable reputation needs to be protected at all costs  ...  :shock1:

Edited by steven100

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

taxi scum ........  :coffee1:

Last year, I was told to, "**** off" by a Pattaya taxi driver because I politely told him that my wife and I didn't want a taxi.  I will never use a Pattaya taxi; I would walk home first.

"Taxi scum" is about right.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

a disgraceful act

Yeah.. we get to see a lot of it lately from the people whom we pay to serve

and provide us with a safe transportations, talking about the need to revamp

the industry....

It seems the police have insisted on an apology in return for no action taken against those drivers behaving like a prospective lynch mob. So, not a sincere or heartfelt apology.

I have robbed a bank. I am sorry.

Police. That's ok then. Go home.

Monopolies are due to be challenged, in this case by limousine services, or by mobilizing free capacity in the overall market at low overhead, what Uber and Grab did. 

This even more so, if service levels are low, driver behavior below par, and prices premium.

51 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yeah.. we get to see a lot of it lately from the people whom we pay to serve

and provide us with a safe transportations, talking about the need to revamp

the industry....

Yes as an expat I expect your contribution to thai policing will be massive

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The police took both parties to the police station for talks.

What the hell 20 thugs illegally detain a woman, <deleted> should be jailed.

Lawless Thailand a country were taxi thugs terrorise other drivers and the useless police do nothing.

Could not agee more must of been a happy zone amazing thailand land of thugs and stupid police who dont know how to be police , lets go have a chat . 3 terrorised women , and no charges laughing stock cops.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Lawless Thailand a country were taxi thugs terrorise other drivers and the useless police do nothing.

Amazing thailand , must of been a happy zone set up buy local police in pattaya , these thugs surrounding  3 women & police take them for a talk ! Really,  what for it an act of terrorism its a crime , no charges what are they key stone cops , who dont know the law or how to be police man or women , what a joke no arrest let them go ! really amazing thailand welcome to pattaya no wonder the world laughs  at lawless thai country and go to other Asian destinations , money talks and bull sh_t walks. 

The fact no action is taken against a gang working together to threaten and potentially harm an innocent person is all telling of the pathetic Thai justice

System. And other will wonder later why these lunatics do it again and someone is hurt as all respobsibility is passed like a game of musical chairs. Why they are not punished is simply an upshot of corruption. Who is protecting these criminals?

Guest Jerry787

easy

avoid as mush as possible official taxis, until they dont start to behave differently, anyone is unhappy with Thai taxi drivers, so its time to cut off the cash, not using them, then they will by themselves make house clearance and ensure drivers will be polite, not cheating anymore and keep the cars clean and tidy conditions

So it's okay to block traffic,scare tourists and threaten an local woman just because you are a Taxi driver. This kind of behavior should have swift and severe consequences.Thai men need to finally learn that mob behavior is unacceptable in any kind of situation.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

dude relax... its not like she was arrested or charged with anything... plus you are assuming she was detained. you ever considered its entirely possible that she went down to the station to simply give a statement.

You make it sound like she was dragged off in chains!

Just now, speckio said:

dude relax... its not like she was arrested or charged with anything... plus you are assuming she was detained. you ever considered its entirely possible that she went down to the station to simply give a statement.

You make it sound like she was dragged off in chains!

I never for 1 moment thought she was detained by the police, but she was unlawfully detained by the scum taxi drivers.

Please be good enough to read my post correctly before having a go at me

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I never for 1 moment thought she was detained by the police, but she was unlawfully detained by the scum taxi drivers.

Please be good enough to read my post correctly before having a go at me

My Bad.  sorry  I skimmed through most of the responses and went too fast apparently.

I was focused on both parties being taken to the station.

she probably would have had to go to the station anyway if she wanted to press charges.

Edited by speckio