18 passengers injured in bus accident in Phetchabun

webfact

18 passengers injured in bus accident in Phetchabun
By The Nation

PHETCHABUN: -- A Khon Kaen-Chiang Rai bus flipped on a mountainous road in Namnao National Park early Monday, injuring 18 passengers, police said.

The accident happened at about 5.40am on Lomsak-Chumphae Road in Phetchabun’s Namnao district.

Police said 15 injured passengers were taken to Namnao Hospital and three others were taken to Chumphae Hospital.

The bus driver told police he lost control when the bus was entering the uphill curve on the Namnao mountain, causing it to veer off the road and flip.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314549

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-08

Bus flips over on Highway 12, injuring a dozen passengers 

C_RHC2zUIAAtbp1.jpg

PHETCHABUN: -- A dozen of passengers were injured after a Khon Kaen-Chiang Rai interprovincial bus rolled over on the Highway 12  from Lomsak to Chumphae in Nam Nao district of Khon Kaen province this morning.

Police said the incident happened at 5.30 a.m on Highway 12 when the bus which belongs to I-sarn Tour Co Ltd, was heading for Chiang Rai.

But as the bus was taking a curve on the highway, it lost balance and flipped on its side on the highway.

Highway rescue officials were alerted and quickly rushed to the scene.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-flips-highway-12-injuring-dozen-passengers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-08

Ya right! Similar BS as always. Pass the buck.

Yet more innocent victims injured by incompetence.

The driver was probably either tired, on stimulates, not paying attention because he was preoccupation with either his smart phone or watching TV, or acting as though he is The Man to the conductress, much the same as most of them do.

Carefree, fxxk you attribute as normally demonstrated by so called professional drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, jimstar1 said:

Oh is this new News Or same old Same Same :stoner:

Any other day same same but today is a slow day so its news. Will this driver be banished to a lesser post perchance? Driving an old country bus full of yelling students with wooden floors and windows that don't open and fans for air (half of which do not work)

"The bus driver told police he lost control when the bus was entering the uphill curve..." 

Driver negligence or incompetence. Unless there was some defect with the steering, brakes, suspension, etc., the bus was in the same condition as previously driven. He didn't mention hazardous weather, road conditions, or tire blow out. Since he was entering an uphill curve, the bus could not have sped up due to gravity.Therefore, he didn't lose control. He was unable to be in control, whether due to his speeding entering the curve or not being alert. All this talk about new and stricter traffic laws, is just that ...talk.

Edited by jaltsc

I wonder. Do any of these passengers sue the bus company, or maybe, get together and sue on bloc? If they did maybe the bus companies be stricter in whom they employ and the standard of maintenance on their vehicle. Pie in the sky? Yeah:saai:

4 hours ago, jaiyen said:

And now they can roll a bus going uphill ????   !!!!!!!!!

I know that stretch of road.  I have been along it several times.  It is lethal even under the best of conditions.  Reverse camber, blind corners and angel gear on the way down to save on the way up.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Bus flips over on Highway 12, injuring a dozen passengers 

C_RHC2zUIAAtbp1.jpg

PHETCHABUN: -- A dozen of passengers were injured after a Khon Kaen-Chiang Rai interprovincial bus rolled over on the Highway 12  from Lomsak to Chumphae in Nam Nao district of Khon Kaen province this morning.

Police said the incident happened at 5.30 a.m on Highway 12 when the bus which belongs to I-sarn Tour Co Ltd, was heading for Chiang Rai.

But as the bus was taking a curve on the highway, it lost balance and flipped on its side on the highway.

Highway rescue officials were alerted and quickly rushed to the scene.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-flips-highway-12-injuring-dozen-passengers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-08

Tell me, how does one loose control in a place like this , how does a bus loose balance unless it was a motorcycle bus.