Condo Rules & Theft

I left my slippers after a swim in front of my cond unit last week and it went missing 2 hours after that.

I suspected someone took it so I checked with condo management cctv and they found out one of tenant in same floor took my slippers for reasons unknown. 

I understood there is law or common understanding that we cannot put private things at common area but I think this guy went too far by taking people's things without any consent.

I'm waiting for juristic office to take further actions, is there anything I can do from my side?

I don't feel safe staying with a retard who stole my 200B slippers but I guess it's also wrong to take other people's stuff whether its a public or common area? 

Anyone experienced same thing before?

If possible get a copy of the CCTV footage.

Go to the tenants room knock on door and politely ask for your slippers back....in future dont leave things outside your front door as they can go missing.

If refused return of slippers go to police and make a theft report provide them with CCTV evidence.

For me it's not the slippers but living with people like this doesn't sound safe to me. The management already identified the tenant and will follow up. I hope I dont need to take things with my own hands as I might bash him out if no action taken with this retard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The rules in my condo clearly state not to leave footwear outside the rooms.

On a guess id say it was one of those 'hall monitor' types that take things to serious and have to much spare time.

Id say rather than wanting your slippers, he tossed them in the bin because he doesnt like that rule being broken..and by a farang no doubt made it worse.

I must say im not a fan of shoes left in the hall but i wouldnt go as far as throw them away.

Did you check in the bin area when it happened? 

Yea. I checked the bin. I left it for an hour or 2 for drying as it was wet. I don't see there is any law that permits someone to take some one else stuff without any consent.

Yeah I guess so. I don't see any problem as I put I on my door step and not on the middle of the walk path. I'm thinking of placing rubbish next time and hope he can help me to clear it out since he is so free :)

28 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Yea. I checked the bin. I left it for an hour or 2 for drying as it was wet. I don't see there is any law that permits someone to take some one else stuff without any consent.

Of course not. Maybe your condo have a rule what says shoes outside will be removed?

They love huge lists of rules but usually not in English.

If it is some other tennant, i personally wouldnt make a fuss over some 60baht slippers.

You never know what guy might have mental issues or whatever.

I was a bit bravado like that once, but when i realise how some of these guys can go mental over nothing i find its just not worth it.

Maybe you bigger than him or fight better, whatever, but a Thai male/nutcase dreaming up stuff about the farang while whacked on Lao khao very dangerous.

If a woman even more dangerous.555

1 hour ago, bamukloy said:

The rules in my condo clearly state not to leave footwear outside the rooms.

On a guess id say it was one of those 'hall monitor' types that take things to serious and have to much spare time.

My building has the same rule, and I think that most do: for safety reasons, and general tidiness, no items should be left in corridors.

I dont want to trip over things, or smell dirty footwear, so I am all in favour of items left in corridors being collected and thrown away though it is the job of management to do this. Any concerned resident can report it to them but he should not remove them himself.

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

They only steal the shoes of owners ? 

Haha good one. By rent you can leave any time.

In my first few years here i stay in one of those cheap "mansion" places.
 Thai guy opposite me down the hall liked keeping his door wide open as that side of the hallway have no aircon.
Every time i walk past he is hissing and saying stuff loudly in Thai but i didnt know the language then. 

Now i well and truelly know what the words mean im glad i got out of that place.

Never did anything to provoke  him and to this day dont know why he did like that.

Jealous? Who knows what goes on in the nutjobs head.

But lucky, its so easy to move, and many places available.

If i did buy a place and have a nut like that move in i dont know what id do. It would end up be me or him.

So i discover for me anyway, best to rent in high market condo that the common nut cases cannot afford.
The more wealthier ones where i am now dont talk to you or rarely even regard your existence. Just the way i like it

Thai guy opposite me down the hall liked keeping his door wide open as that side of the hallway have no aircon.
Every time i walk past he is hissing and saying stuff loudly in Thai but i didnt know the language then. 
Now i well and truelly know what the words mean im glad i got out of that place.
 Never did anything to provoke  him and to this day dont know why he did like that.

If i did buy a place and have a nut like that move in i dont know what id do. It would end up be me or him.

So i discover for me anyway, best to rent in high market condo that the common nut cases cannot afford.
The more wealthier ones where i am now dont talk to you or rarely even regard your existence. Just the way i like it

I rented previously and left after construction noise became unbearable. I lost nearly 2 months of deposit because leaving early but I didn't expect to get it back too.

Renting in BKK especially Sukhumvit area are expensive so I made decision to buy. Today the condo office managed to check the cctv, talk to the nut and got my slippers back. He didn't apologize to me directly. Guess I need to be more careful with crazy nuts living around.

10 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

A truly high market condo would not have entrance doors facing entrance doors like a dormitory...?

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

My building has the same rule, and I think that most do: for safety reasons, and general tidiness, no items should be left in corridors.

I dont want to trip over things, or smell dirty footwear, so I am all in favour of items left in corridors being collected and thrown away though it is the job of management to do this. Any concerned resident can report it to them but he should not remove them himself.

Agreed.  I've had neighbors before (in the U.S.) who would put their trash bags in the hall, sometimes for hours, before taking it down to the bins.  If you don't want to smell it in your apartment, why would I want to smell *your* trash in the common area??  Maybe don't be too lazy to take it out right away, then!  Or neighbors who would leave their kids' toys (bikes, sleds, etc.) in the hall and/or yard as if it was their own personal space.  Shoes are minor in a hallway, but still-- yes, your shoes or boots are wet/slushy.  So are mine.  That's why I bought a plastic mat to put inside my door, to put my shoes/boots on.

51 minutes ago, trogers said:

A truly high market condo would not have entrance doors facing entrance doors like a dormitory...?

That wasnt a condo. that story relate to a cheap place they like to call mansion

57 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I rented previously and left after construction noise became unbearable. I lost nearly 2 months of deposit because leaving early but I didn't expect to get it back too.

Renting in BKK especially Sukhumvit area are expensive so I made decision to buy. Today the condo office managed to check the cctv, talk to the nut and got my slippers back. He didn't apologize to me directly. Guess I need to be more careful with crazy nuts living around.

So, did they offer any explanation why the guy took them?

Who in their right mind would want second hand slippers?

I must admit in my experience most condo are excellent and usually go to great trouble to get to the bottom of any problem.

I think theft they will not tolerate.

In mine now, if you move stuff after 7pm and/or go to leave with a trolley of stuff the guard basically force take you to the office and question you, take ID, sign a form.

A bit extreme but not good to know burglars have a hard job

So, did they offer any explanation why the guy took them?
Who in their right mind would want second hand slippers?

I must admit in my experience most condo are excellent and usually go to great trouble to get to the bottom of any problem.
I think theft they will not tolerate.

In mine now, if you move stuff after 7pm and/or go to leave with a trolley of stuff the guard basically force take you to the office and question you, take ID, sign a form.
A bit extreme but not good to know burglars have a hard job

I guess he is pissed off with my slippers placed outside my door because it's almost worthless.

I guess I'll let it go and not to waste time with these kind of losers. I'm surprised to see these kind of people on society nowdays. The security of my condo is quite good and each access key can only go to their respective floors. It just pissed me of to get a retard living same floor as mine.

27 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I guess he is pissed off with my slippers placed outside my door because it's almost worthless.

I guess I'll let it go and not to waste time with these kind of losers. I'm surprised to see these kind of people on society nowdays. The security of my condo is quite good and each access key can only go to their respective floors. It just pissed me of to get a retard living same floor as mine.

Well one thing ive noticed about the halfwit ones is they rarely have the means or brains to remain secure in a decent place to long.

Im suprised to see balconies here covered in pigeon shyit, obviously the condo abandoned from some reason, loss of job, no money whatever.

Sometimes its the older female Thais with a big chip on the shoulder that annoy me.thinking they are the worlds most precious and all farangs are shyt under their feet.

The dummies come and go but hopefully your retard will to

On 08/05/2017 at 8:55 PM, trogers said:

A truly high market condo would not have entrance doors facing entrance doors like a dormitory...

Several very expensive condo buildings in Pattaya do have doors that open directly into corridors, from where you can see into the units when passing if the doors are open.

I dont know whether this demonstrates that such expensive condos are not really high-market, or whether even high-market places can be badly designed.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Several very expensive condo buildings in Pattaya do have doors that open directly into corridors, from where you can see into the units when passing if the doors are open.

I dont know whether this demonstrates that such expensive condos are not really high-market, or whether even high-market places can be badly designed.

The projects I have worked with would have staggered entrance doors such that an opened door faces the opposite wall, and not a neighbour's door.

I would also set the door in 25cm to create a more personal feel to each unit.

Archived