Replacing Vans With Minibuses Won't Begin By July

snoop1130

Replacing Vans With Minibuses Won't Begin By July

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Vans-Mochit.jpg

The vans to the central, north and northeastern regions parked at the Bangkok Bus Terminal Chatuchak, aka the Mo Chit bus terminal, behind the main building on Oct. 25.

BANGKOK — A plan to replace interprovincial vans with minibuses is unlikely to begin by July 1 as expected, officials said Monday, citing different reasons.

Government transport operator Transport Co. Ltd. said plans to acquire the first 50 minibuses to replace 13-seater vans by the deadline were stalled because it was still waiting for information on pricing and financial support from the Transport Ministry.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2017/05/08/replacing-vans-minibuses-wont-begin-july/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-8

Well "strap my vitals" (no, I don't know what it means either but pirates always say it when they are surprised), who would ever have thought that they would have failed to meet this deadline!

6 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

So putting more people in one vehicle is a safer option? I wonder about this.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2017/01/08/heres-fewer-will-die-thai-roads-vans-replaced/

(Link provided without prejudice on my part whether it's accurate or not)

On an aside, it amazes me that they can fine people for not filling in the log book on their red plate vehicles, but can't seem to figure out a way to keep the minivan drivers (like the guy who killed 25 people) from logging 31 straight hours of driving...

I was in a minivan yesterday going from my village to Bangkok, and everytime the van went over a certain speed. there was a bleeping noise that all the passengers could hear, and the driver acted accordingly.

I think this is a great idea, but sitting in the front seat, I could see slower moving traffic  hogging the central and outside lanes all the time.

All the accidents involving the minivans can not all be blamed on the driver.

Edited by possum1931

The drivers are typically not earning very much.. They want to make the most out of the vehicles and themselves by driving for as long as they think they can.. And people tend to over-estimate ones' ability. 

I was on a Van from Ubon bus terminal and was surprised to see the vehicle speed being limited to 90kph. I saw the driver with the pedal to the metal and it won't budge more than 90kph. 

7 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

When I came here I was told that it was a big thing for Asian to lose face.

Why they lose face everyday because of their own stupidity.

So I am confused now.

they only loose face if some one points it out and that is what the defamation laws are for.

You may replace the vans with minibuses but if you don't replace the driver you will end up with the same problem. It's the attitude,disregard of traffic laws,lack of training and driving skills that is the problem.

Edited by just.a.thought

Was in a mini van 3 days ago from Rayong to Bangkok. Most the vans at the depot had GPS written on the outside of them. The one I was in had responsible driver and never went over 90 kph. Everyone on board wore the seat belts and the van wasn't cram full.

I was pleasantly suprised.