PM’s new mint-green lotus basins add dash of colour at Government House

snoop1130

PM’s new mint-green lotus basins add dash of colour at Government House

By The Nation

720112192799dd9618f5d19fcfde934c-sld.jpeg

A fresh dash of colour was added at Government House on Monday as a new set of lotus basins, personally purchased by the premier, were installed in front of the Thai Khu Fah building in the house’s compound.

“Beautiful. I’m happy and content,” Prime Minister Generl Prayut Chan-o-cha said about the new mint-green ceramic basins, according to Renu Tunkachivangoon, deputy secretary-general at the PM’s Office.

Delivered direct from Ratchaburi via the management of Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, the new basins have replaced their terra cotta counterparts, reportedly costing Bt5,000 each, which had been in place on the grass lawn in front of the Thai Khu Fah building since January.

However, just a day after their placement, the earthenware basins were found to be broken and leaking. 

Moreover, as this was discovered at a time when reconstruction projects at Government House buildings had already gone beyond the designated deadline, it contributed to questions being raised as to whether there had been any irregularities over procurement in the Government House reconstruction and decoration projects.

Perhaps to cut matters short this time, Prayut decided to purchase all the brightly coloured ceramic pots out of his own money.

General Vilas Aroonsri, the prime minister’s secretary-general, said ceramic was a more durable material than baked earth, while the bright mint colour complemented Government House’s grassed areas.

The lotus is Prayut’s favourite flower, as the premier once said himself. 

He also tends to favour violet and blue lotuses, the colours representing Saturday, the day of the week on which he was born.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314652

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-8

He also tends to favour violet and blue lotuses, the colours representing Saturday, the day of the week on which he was born.

So this is why he wears violet and blue shirts and I thought he was a bit wacky. Sorry Prayuth, you look cool, dude!

tmp_6779-1044462416832713150.jpg

tmp_6779-article-doc-1i2k9-6XUeTxpIL-HSK1-110_634x4221202623201.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

"Perhaps to cut matters short this time, Prayut decided to purchase all the brightly coloured ceramic pots out of his own money."

Since being a high ranking officer in the armed forces or police is extremely well paid (it must be since they're all rich) I guess he can afford it.

So this is why he wears violet and blue shirts and I thought he was a bit wacky. Sorry Prayuth, you look cool, dude!
tmp_6779-1044462416832713150.jpg.0a5562468fc1e8160dc079d1038edb22.jpg
tmp_6779-article-doc-1i2k9-6XUeTxpIL-HSK1-110_634x4221202623201.jpg.6345159c792f50b55c1e2c2c2f0d90a3.jpg

I had rather assumed he was having his shirts made out of left overs from the new curtains at Government House.
As a demonstration of practical recycling...

9 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

I would say they are more of a light blue rather than a mint green but they do look lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

How dare you the man said mint green so mint green it is

PS you are right blue

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

General Vilas Aroonsri, the prime minister’s secretary-general, said ceramic was a more durable material than baked earth, while the bright mint colour complemented Government House’s grassed areas.

General Vilas, you are a prime example of current leadership, full of... facts of life hard won on the field of battle, yet with an artist's discriminating taste and always ready to compliment the smallest twitch expressed by the emperor. You are a joy to behold.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Monday as a new set of lotus basins, personally purchased by the premier, were installed in front of the Thai Khu Fah building in the house’s compound.

After 3 years he finally has achieved something by himself.  Way to go mate.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

After 3 years he finally has achieved something by himself.  Way to go mate.

Amazing yes, and he had to pay for it or if using normal procurement, someone would have gotten the cash and the pots would be leaking already... Oh wait ....

Anyway, now we need a new photo op with the flashlight...

Someone must check for mosquitoes in the new pots for the sake of the nation... 

Can't let them mosquitoes invade da government house..