Photo for visa

I am currently applying for a 5 year UK tourist visa for my wife. It does not seem to require any passport size phots for the application as was the case with the previous 6 month visas. Has anyone applied for this visa type recently?

When your wife submits her supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre they will take a photo at the same time as they capture her biometric details.
Photos are no longer required for visa applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I was wondering the same thing. (I'm applying for a spouse settlement visa) I read elsewhere that we still need to take a physical photo to paste onto the printed version of the online application form that gets sent to Sheffield (I guess this doesn't apply if you're going for the scanning option, which we won't be). 

If that's the case, having had three different sets of photos rejected at the Victoria passport office in London for my last passport a couple of years ago, I'm guessing they can't possibly be that strict on their requirements (chin x mm from base, colors, looking 100% directly at camera etc).?

Edited by athousand

2 hours ago, athousand said:

I was wondering the same thing. (I'm applying for a spouse settlement visa) I read elsewhere that we still need to take a physical photo to paste onto the printed version of the online application form that gets sent to Sheffield (I guess this doesn't apply if you're going for the scanning option, which we won't be). 

If that's the case, having had three different sets of photos rejected at the Victoria passport office in London for my last passport a couple of years ago, I'm guessing they can't possibly be that strict on their requirements (chin x mm from base, colors, looking 100% directly at camera etc).?

You'll find that they are. Much better to go to a pro photographer for passport photos as they know the exact requirements. About the same price as a Photo Booth in my high street.

I haven’t read the latest Settlement visa requirements but if you are getting married in Thailand your wife will be getting a BRP which she will have to supply biometrics and they take a photo at the same time to the correct requirements. I doubt you need a photo but you do need to check.

Edited by rasg

I'm hoping they don't need a photo because they say they need them 'passport photo standard' and the first two sets I got done when applying for my last UK passport a couple of years ago were at 'professional' passport photo places in London, and the third was at the photobooth in the passport office in Victoria. 

I got turned down for one of them for having my face in my photo maybe one mm not perpendicular! :) 

I was getting out the ruler earlier today only to find that I've managed to lose the photos we got done at the Trendy building last week! 

This whole visa process is really quite something. I'm hoping that after the initial one, the next ones will be more straighforward. (wishful thinking maybe)

12 hours ago, athousand said:

No you don't, VFS has reintroduced their checklist which says:

VFS Document Checklist said:

One recent photograph as per UKVI guidelines

required only for applicants exempt from giving biometrics.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/pdf/document-checklist.pdf