First witness takes stand nearly 2 years after Erawan bombing

webfact

First witness takes stand nearly 2 years after Erawan bombing

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

14464393821446439644l-696x465.jpg 

Erawan Shrine bombing suspect Adem Karadag was brought on Nov. 2 to a military court in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The first witness in the trial of two men accused of bombing a Bangkok shrine testified in a military court Thursday, nearly two years after the terror attack took place.

Nine months after the trial was to begin, the military tribunal convened for the first time in six months today for the trial over the Aug. 17, 2015, bomb attack which killed 20 people. It had been postponed several times because of problems obtaining an interpreter for the two Uighur suspects, one of which was on the run from drug charges.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/05/11/first-witness-takes-stand-nearly-2-years-erawan-bombing/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-11

And if you want to know the verdict of this somewhat late hearing in advance, simply refer to the Koh Tao Burmese Two.

I use the word "hearing" here, as I really can't bring myself to use the word "Trial."

13 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

More details about the trail would help me understand.

Why is the trial being held in a military court room? Was the bombing an act of war? By which country?

In case you didn't know, the country is ruled by the military and is in constant war with everybody that don't support them blindly.