Lax-bkk Choices

asdsrfr

Hi All-

I am planning my next trip and basically the flight choices come down ho this. Evergreen deluxe class with about an hour and a half layover each way--or the Thai Airways non stop from LAX--BKK.

Even though the Thai Airways flight is in economy--it's about $275 more than the Eva Air Evergreen Deluxe class.

What would you guys do?

Thanks for all the input.

I went ahead and booked the Eva flight. I've flown their Deluxe class before and it was quite nice. Even though Thai Airways flight is non-stop the thought of being in an economy seat for nearly 17 hours and paying nearly $300 extra for the privilege just didn't seem worth it. I re-checked the Eva intinerary and the layover to BKK is only 50 min in Taipei--it would swing me more toward the Thai Airways option if it were like some of the 8h+ layovers on other routings that I've seen.

In reality I think the low Eva fare is some kind of computer glitch on their part, as it's lower for Deluxe Class on those days than all the other airlines are charging for economy--but my confirmation shows the low fare--and Evergreen Deluxe so I'm going with it!

• 2 weeks later...

You received some good advise there, dude.

I have flown from LAx to Bangkok 7 times roundtrip now. I've flown Korean, Thai, JAL, & Air China, and I felt that JAL & Thai had the best quality & service for the price.

I'm looking into going back in early April, and see that currently, Eva Air has the best price for my dates out of LAX. I'm going to wait a bit to see if Air China has another deal like they did last spring for LA to Bangkok.

I have flown the route more than 25 times in the past 10 years. My favorite is Cathay Pacific Buisness or 1st class (been upgraded from buisness to 1st twice).

I have a buisness class ticket on JAL for my wife and myself in April...1st time on JAL

Flown NWA a bunch, did not like Korean.