Women claims ownership of disputed Freedom Beach land worth B4 billion

rooster59

Women claims ownership of disputed Freedom Beach land worth B4 billion 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1494665743_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A Phuket woman has accused two men of swindling her family out two large plots of land near Freedom Beach, recently estimated to be worth B4 billion.

At 1.30pm yesterday (May 12) at the Phuket Merlin Hotel, Ms Peetarat “Yupin” Hootachai, 38, held a press conference to publicly claim her family’s ownership of the two plots of land at Freedom Beach, which occupy a total area of about 65 rai.

Ms Peetarat says they she is the rightful heir to the land as her deceased mother, Mrs Ta Hootachai, was the original owner of the land which had been occupied by her family since 1942.

Ms Peetarat claims that two Chanotes issued for the land, in the names of Mr Ekachai Sae-Iw and Wirot Kongkaew, were obtained fraudulently after a real estate broker offered to assist Mrs Ta in the sale of the land to a third party.

Ms Peetarat’s claims come after a statement in November, 2016, by Royal Forestry Department region office Director Boonsueb Samakrat that the land was inside a national reserve forest area and therefore belonged to the government. (See story here)

The two Chanote land titles, at that time both in the name of Eakachai Sae’iew, were also ordered to be deregistered with the authority of Land Department Director-General Apinan Suethanuwong.

“These areas will be returned to national forest. The Forestry Department on September 8 gave the owner (sic) 30 days to remove four structures and vacate the area,” Director Boonsueb told The Phuket News in November last year.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/women-claims-ownership-of-disputed-freedom-beach-land-worth-b4-billion-62147.php#b2Tp5bQeZvicFY7S.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-14

2 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

All of this reminds me what a lousy place Phuket can be.

I'm not sure why this Thai on Thai shonky land deal moves you so much as to write this type of post.

Yes, Phuket can be a lousy place sometimes, if you're stupid enough to get involved in the down sides of life.  But, a heads up for you ostriches, crime and corruption is endemic everywhere in Thailand, indeed the world. Yes, even in that smoky crap hole, Bangkok, where you live!.

The difference is, all the good things about living on a tropical paradise Island are available to me every day when I wake up.

When you look out of your condo window in the morning all you see is Bangkok.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The difference is, all the good things about living on a tropical paradise Island are available to me every day when I wake up.

Curious as to what you consider to be the good things? The bad things in many people's eyes far outweigh the good. Phuket is sinking in the continuing deluge of corruption that the local and national authorities refuse to plug. This story is just another example of the rampant property fraud the judicial system supports and has resulted in the total collapse of the property market in Phuket. 

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

<deleted> me- I actually agree with Old Croc- I must be mellowing, lol.

I 'love' the Phuket Knockers who cast their opinions from afar!

Afar is the only place to be from Phuket, it is a cesspool of corruption that makes the rest of Thailand look good. If you enjoy paying triple for everything and can handle beatings for payment enjoy.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Ms Peetarat’s claims come after a statement in November, 2016, by Royal Forestry Department region office Director Boonsueb Samakrat that the land was inside a national reserve forest area and therefore belonged to the government.

I think Ms Peetarat should be careful with her statements, as it seems that her family since 1942 illegally occupied 2 plots of land belonging to the government, so those 2 chanotes she holding are illegal acquired.

45 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think Ms Peetarat should be careful with her statements, as it seems that her family since 1942 illegally occupied 2 plots of land belonging to the government, so those 2 chanotes she holding are illegal acquired.

You need to read a previous story  from last year ....

"Mr Eakachai said that the land titles are legal because the original owner occupied the land before the government declared the area national forest land in 1954."

The Chaotes were fraudulently obtained by the 'broker' in 2000 ...

"Mr Eakachai said he bought the land from Wiroj Kongkaew in 2000, when the land deed was SorKor 1, and applied for the Provincial Land Office to upgrade the deed to Chanote status in 2001."

Looks like this original Hootachai family were swindled out of a lot on money, at that time,  but now it's national forest land and the buyers should be out of pocket. But like all land deals and people with money ... this will drag on forever. 

54 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Not illegally acquired if owned by adverse possession!!

This ongoing farce at Freedom Beach is the epitome of Phuket corruption.

Years ago, the day after the Army had declared that Freedom Beach was now public property, I rode my motorbike over there, parked, and tried to walk onto the beach.  I was stopped by three thugs who demanded payment.  I told them that this was a public beach and went to continue on my way.  One guy, who was in the toll booth, stepped out with a baton.

Some three years on and nothing has changed.  Maybe just the desk upon which the tea money lands.